Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Retiroween Part Deux

So many great pictures were taken this past weekend. I wanted to share some more. Here is Callum, Upbob (the retiree) and "Nana B." I dont get to see Nana B that much anymore....so it always great when she is around. As a kid, I remember she always made THE best chicken soup. I dont know what it was about it. She says "nothing." But it was that good.

On Sunday, before hitting the road to go back to Maine, we, Lynne, George, Mom, Bob, and Dad (Barbara was with her son and other grandkids...we missed her!) met at the Crackerbarrel Restaurant. This is my mom and Bob's new favorite place on earth. Pretty good "country" food (I had catfish and grits) and then a ridiculously overpriced "store" that sells nothing but crap from China. Well, it isnt THAT bad I guess. But not my thing. But the food was great, and the fireplace was REAL, and the company couldnt be beat! Below, Callum is making his selection for breakfast....
A very nice picture of Lynne and George. George, for a change, is wearing a shirt he got at LL Bean.
And a very nice picture of my mom and Bob too. Bob recently started wearing all Eddie Bauer clothing....
And I love this picture of Ortiz and I. I think I will make it my Crapbook profile picture.

Obviously, this weekend really got Callum tired out. My mom gave all the kids these little "pumpkin buckets" filled with candies and little toys. On the ride home, Callum enjoyed dumping out the contents of said bucket onto his lap, playing a bit, and then putting the bucket on top of his head. This time, however, the excitement was just too much for him.....he slept like this for like ten minutes before we noticed....

2 comments:

Nannie said...

As Nana Courtney would say.....

"Mother of God Tonight"

thats a horrible photo of me.

************

I look like I just got out of bed, but wait let me see, NO cause I was up at 4 AM due to someones SNORING.....and this photo was taken around noon or so.

LOOKING BAD,,,,,, WINK WINK.

***
and for the record, I think old spongebob, thinks his name is
"EDDIE BAUER".......

everything he has says Eddie on it.

ha ha ...

Lynne said...

I love all the pictures!!! Sorry Nannie, but I know how you feel. I hate having my picture taken because it never turns out good. However, I think these turned out good - it shows that we were all having a good time together. Callum's picture really made me laugh. Boy, was he tired!!!