Monday, October 18, 2010

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Some catching up to do, I guess. Two weekends ago, we had our good friends the Fitzpatricks over for supper (and, games....but we never got to that, since we were mesmerized by both the wood stove AND Lupine). Good stuff. I made some of my famous pulled pork over rice. Siena, Caden, and Mia definitely got their fix of Lupine-love, since they all LONG for a kitty of their own. Brad and Sasha both went to Winslow High School and know (and had) so many of the teachers with whom I work. Callum always has a great time with his little girlfriend Mia, and now Callum is really starting to look up to Caden, taking care to "imitate" a lot of the stuff he does. Very funny. Great friends......
I see there are no pictures of Lupine on this post....Amanda posted the pictures she wanted tonight, and I guess my job is to comment on them, since she is too lazy. Oh well. But a HUGE event in our lives over the past few days--and the rest of this blog will pay homage to it--is the fact that Callum is now in his BIG BOY BED! We "sold" this to him by telling him how he is going to be a good big brother and give his crib to his baby sister. So, this past weekend, when we had our friends the Parks-Stamms over, Ben helped me do some rearranging in Callum's room. Callum and the little girl will share a room for a bit....hopefully, very soon, we will be moving anyway. We have the third bedroom downstairs, but have decided for now to keep it as a "playroom" and a guest room for the guests who never come. So we put Callum's new bed right where his crib used to be. He transitioned as seamlessly as anything; we were so proud of him! Here he is, just rolling around, having a good time, while Amanda tries to get him to pose on his bed.....
He cannot fit as many of his "friends," but those need to start being phased out anyway....haha
What is funny is how he can obviously jump both in and out of bed at his will. Yet, when he wakes up in the morning, he still doesnt seem to "get" that he can just get out of bed. He calls for one of us to come in. So we do, and THEN he gets up himself. Today, Lupine slept with him during his nap, and then woke him up when she wanted to play.....
His sheets and comforter set are what I would like to have on my "camp" bed someday: They are laden with canoes, bears, moose, campfires, and more. Very outdoorsy. He loves it. And so do we.
Next, some pictures of Callum and Lupine and Amanda (who looks like she is about to pop!)

1 comment:

Sally Piles said...

I'm not lazy. That's mean. The blog is kind of your thing anyway...
I love Callum in his new bed. And he loves it too. At random points throughout the day yesterday I found him up in his bed, reading a book. He must take after me.