Monday, October 25, 2010

Retiroween

We made our way down to Mass this past weekend for the CSA (Clubhouse Style Affair) my mom was throwing for a) Bob's retirement and b) a Halloween get-together. My mom loves to throw CSAs, as much as she says she hates them and is getting too old. She even has special CSA suitcases in which she packs her CSA stuff for these sexy parties. Dressing up was encouraged for this party, as the invitation said there would be a prize for the best costume. Sadly, my dad didnt realize that the claim was a bunch of BS and that the prizes were only for little kids like Callum, Jackson, JJ, and Ava. But we all had fun watching him stroll in as a pillaging viking....

Sort of a Shrek meets Beowulf meets Animal House....

Jason, Jen, JJ, and Ava came by too, and it is always great to see all those guys. On Friday night, after Callum was asleep, I got to meet Jay, Tim, and Eleni at "The Chateau," this bar in Norton that apparently closes at 715. But we had a great time catching up and making Eleni feel uncomfortable with all our Jerky Boys and STATE references that she probably didnt understand....JJ was Buzz Lightyear, but he had taken off his costume at the time this was shot. Jason was a thirtysomething in-debt-over-his-head grad student for Halloween.
The CSA was like the "woodstock" of grandparents. Only less mud. And nudity. Hardly ever do all the forces (grandparents) combine in even the same STATE never mind the same room. So it was very special to get one of these pictures taken of MeeMee, Nannie, and Grammy Goldsmith (by the way...look at Callum's new "thing." He sucks his thumb and caresses his ear when he is tired....my cousin Richie used to do this thing too)
I call this photograph "Why I Drink." I dont know where Upbob was for this photo....he must have been being pulled around like a pull toy (inside joke) when we took this. Lynne and George made the trip down for the party, and it was great for my mom and bob....and my dad and barbara to get to see Amanda's parents. They always have a great time when they are together. I am pretty sure George and Bob are dating now too......
The boys were really tired out after a day of running, playing, candying, and travelling. Amanda made Callum a HOMEMADE chicken costume...absolutely beautiful. And Callum was terrified to wear it. Jackson was a vampire, but we dont have any pics because when he was dressed up, we were picking up the pizza
Lots more pictures...I'll have to do another post on the weekend!

13 comments:

ortiz said...

Its was a great party. It is always fun when the whole family and the kids get together. Thank you Anne and Bob for having the party. Bob, I hope you have a long and healthy retirement, lets do our part to beat the system.

Nannie said...

A. there was no mention of any prize for best costume, the invite said, KIDS WEAR YOUR COSTUME AND YOU WILL GET A TREAT...

b. Why you calling me "OLD".

c. You were there for the costume and had already returned with the pizza.

d. and oh, wait, maybe becasue I carried everything over by myself and set it all up by myself and packed and carried most of home by myself, MIGHT be a reason I was a little tired.

e. Other than that it was a very good party. and everyone enjoyed it as they do ALL MY PARTIES.

f. thats all.....

over and out.......

Anonymous said...

GO NANNIE!

jared said...

i called you old because that is the excuse you use for not being able to walk downstairs or drive up to maine....haha

cant have it both ways

george carried most of your stuff back for you, and you didnt even have decaf for him.....hahahaha

sally piles said...

The pregnant lady helped clean up and carry stuff too... I think it was a group effort.

Nannie said...

Wah wah wah

again, let me ask you

what part of the English language DON'T you understand that I do not have the help that I need around me anymore to do a lot of these things that WE use to be able to do, and hard to do alone.

I think I did a pretty damm good job doing what I did and wasn't complaining that I did it, but I don't like to be called old and complaining all the time, since that is NOT the case.

Um have you ever driven to and from Fairfield Maine by yourself to Mass.. um, NOPE,, don't think so...

But wait I HAVE....and I did it all in one day a few times...

So thats all.

But at least I had my two boys together and enjoying them, and um, that wouldn't be
Twon & Jared.....

ta ta for now
I'm done for the day.

adios....

Twon said...

Hmmm...not sure how my name got added to the back and forth seeing I had nothing to do with this discussion.

Nannie said...

Twon, you were only mentioned in one of my sentences talking about my two boys.

no one else has mentioned you on anything in the responses.

So I am sure a lot of people are probably looking at this thinking Nannie is a real beauty and pain in the &*&( but in all honeslty we all know that is not true, and I happen to be a very nice person.

So onward and upward people.

This conversation is ended now.

:)

lynne and george said...

The weekend was great! The party was very nice and you did a great job, Annie, as usual. We all had a good time. It was good to see everyone and get the chance to visit and catch up - all of us together. Bob, congratulations on your retirement and we hope you have many healthy and long years to enjoy it!

jared said...

i need a menu.....

Jason said...

Yeah, Tim. Where the f where yous?

And where did all the meatballs go?

Johnny Nevada said...

can I attend the next CSA via Skype?

CC said...

We had a great time. I'm just saying.