Saturday, March 9, 2013

March is gross and boring

 
 
Last week when MeeMee was here helping us out, she got to spend some great moments with the kids...like this one. Amanda went out on Saturday to get some donuts and coffee at Hillmans for everyone, and Maira and MeeMee discussed the Capitol Hill Sequester situation at great length....

 

Callum also started learning a new skill last week: Sewing. MeeMee and Amanda went on a 'date' to Joanne Fabrics to pick up some GodKnowsWhat, and they came home with a couple of "beginner sewing kits" for the kids. Callum, below, is sewing a new 'puppy,' with the help of MeeMee's guidance. Before you know it, Amanda will be teaching him how to knit!

Maira, again with MeeMee, so excited about all the gross, sandy, dirty splotched snowmelt outside. BOO!! More snow please!!

Callum is very good at using his hands--he has very good motor skills and he is good at putting things together--puzzles, Thomas Track, legos, etc. It was awesome to see how naturally he seemed to pick up hand-sewing.


Recovery from surgery is going well...I think I have figured out a way to type while wearing my sling. Emotionally and mentally this has been tough, since having to be in the sling all the time is kind of like a sort of 'prison' sentence--I am ALWAYS in this damn thing--even (and perhaps especially) when I sleep. Not being able to run, do yoga, etc is something I am having a REAL hard time with--brisk walks just are not cutting it.  Last Thursday, I got my stitches out and Dr Golden introduced some new exercises for me to do....

Kids are better too, but now Amanda is sick. We just cannot seem to catch a break! Haha.

Had a nice visit from Conner and Elizabeth last night, who are home on spring break and for the weekend, respectively.

Daylight savings time is today--the day I hate most of all. As most readers know, I hate when it is light out. I know that sounds like I am depressed or a vampire....I assure you I am neither....

Everyone in Mass got about two feet of snow yesterday.. We were supposed to get 3-4 inches. So, naturally, it was just sunny all day. I hope we get a good storm (of snow) before winter is finally over.

Most popular kid-books du jour for CS and ME: Angelina Ballerina, Dont you feel well Sam, Goose, I Spy, and First Snow (no words....just lots of great paintings of the mouse family)

2 comments:

Tem said...

Tell CS to knit Kitten Mittens for Lupine, so it's not so damn loud when the cat walks around.

-Tem

Carlson4 said...

I enjoy reading your blog, Jared. I too dispise March. Always have. Seems like such a long month...drags and drags. I read Amy Calder's column in the Sentinel recently and she said her granfather would tell her that March is like purgatory because its a holding tank between seasons that's just not fun at all. Finally, I thought, someone hit it right on the nose! Sugarloaf used to have signs on one of the chairlift's posts stating facts about the mountain to entertain skiers as they rode. One said that they get the most snow in March compared to other ski season months. So....where's all the snow, right?