Friday, March 15, 2013

Space!

is what Callum learned about at school last week (the letter of the day was S)....and he was ALL about it. Annnnnd....Nannie sent Callum and Maira a pretty sweet package of all types of St Patrick's Day/Easter garb (funny glasses...bunny ears...etc); it all came in a box that was suited perfectly, according to Callum, for making a ROCKET SHIP!!!! So, thanks to Amanda, who has two arms that function, we did just that. Here is Callum flying to Uranus.....
 
 

And here is what I do....

I am trying to be positive and patient...but life is very depressing for me lately--I cant really do much of anything. Even now, I have taken my sling off (for my therapy exercises) for ten minutes so I could type...and I am in a LOT of pain. I am going to be very self pitying for a second, so excuse me....but for every person who has been tremendous, there are those who think this whole surgery was just a 'joke.' and not anything serious. For example, a colleague at school the other day told me I was "milking the sympathy pretty hard" for still wearing my sling. As if I WANT to be confined to this damn thing. Many people are surprised I am still in this thing...and even more are surprised to learn that this isnt a "one week of rest" type of process--I really wont be back to semi-normal til some time in July or August. So I just drink a lot more.....

 Callum, below, poring through a book my dad bought for me one Christmas 20+ years ago....AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF NASA...Callum was mesmerized looking at all the rockets, etc. He knows most of the planets, and he knows that Saturn has rings. I tried to teach him about Uranus #secondshamelessjokeinthisblog but Amanda gave me "the look." Uranus is more than just a big ball of gas, I told him.....
 

And this is Callum's latest thing....he loves to flip upside down on things and he asked if I could put a picture of this on the blog. So I did....
No pics of Maira here...but next time I will try to post a video of our 'rock band' where we play, incessantly, OLD McDONALD. She plays the drums.

She continues to be enamored with all things ANGELINA the BALLERINA. Very cute.

We have been having some chilly weather and the wood stove is still going full time....this time one year ago it was 84 degrees in Fairfield Maine!

Last night we went and had a great time and Mike and Helen Kiser's house for a "Pi Party" they had (it was 3.14...get it??) Helene made literally 14 different types of pies.....and that had whiskey and wine and good conversation

AND I am ALMOST getting myself dressed ALL by myself!!

1 comment:

Siena said...

I get angry when you take it off... it worries me. hahaha!