Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Nannie is SO PRETTY!!!!! Too bad she doesnt read this blog, otherwise she would get upset that I posted this picture. This blog is too hard for her to read....she has to move her fingers to get off of FB and it is just too much pain. #toomuchpain. xxxooo Nannie.....

 
I always talk about how much I love games....and then that leads to me complaining about how I have no friends or family with whom to play. #pobrecitoJaredo. Well, I MAY have a game buddy in my little four year old man. Each night we play the card game WAR and then we play "Mexican Train." I think I mentioned this before, but I will mention this again. I have this sneaking suspicion, however, that he only 'humors' me by playing dominoes with me SOLELY so he can then casually say "hey daddy...before we put these away, can we set them up and knock them down?" It is like "the end justifies the means" for him or something, and he only puts up with Matador or Mexican Train so he can knock them down. A little Machiavellian toddler....


Today Callum was all about "making a book." Both kids have been in a a drawing-phase lately. I found a slew of youtube videos of "drawing lessons." One such video series is of a girl who goes by the name of 'doodlekat1,' and her videos are great because she gears them around simple 'cartoon-like' characters and figures: dinosaurs, bunnies, whales, pigs, etc. So, to the 'batcave' we went (this is the den in the basement) to practice on his easel....Maira was 'allowed' to use the other side. How nice of him......


I just get such a kick out of the 'expression' he creates on his characters....they kill me for some reason. I dont know why. Below, we have the EasterBunny and his friend the whale.....
 

Tonight we practiced drawing the pigeon from the Mo Willems books because he wants to make his OWN pigeon book....Maira is content drawing 'me,' Amanda, or Speedbump, this cat we know who lives at the Seawall Motel. All of these things look the same--meandering, multi layered scribbles. But she is getting good at drawing circles!

 
Today marks the one month mark since I had my surgery. It is definitely a slow process. I still cannot put on a t-shirt the normal way...I have to do it sitting down, feeding my arm through it carefully. I have good days and bad days, and I sporadically take Ibuprofen for pain, although I try to not take anything. I have been running--back up to five miles (I wont do any more increases in mileage til I get this off, since five miles is exhausting--only being able to pump with one arm is hard work #thatswhatshesaid). Lying down on my back, holding a yardstick, I can reach my hands back over my head and get to about 10 inches from the floor. I have an appt. on Thursday and I hope we start REAL PT soon......wood to stack...canoes to paddle....ass to kick...yoga to do.....



No comments: