Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Vacation Stuph.....


One more pic of the kids (and Lupine) eating breakfast and coloring last Monday morning.....


It has been a fantastic February vacation, packed with the right elements of outdoorsy stuff, indoorsy stuff, and stuffy stuff. In addition to the Ponts visiting, I have been able to get out for a nice long snowshoe in the woods/trails across the street, in the process seeing probably more deer and moose tracks than I have ever seen in one place! The woods/fields/trails across the street must be a VERY active place for animals!

Yesterday I trailered over to my friend Dave's and we did a solid 30 mile or so trip through some amazing terrain through woods, hils, fields, and ponds; gliding through the woods...surrounded by snow covered trees....turning through serpentine trails...all while it was snowing out...was truly almost a spiritual experience. Plus, the smell of two stroke oil from six snowmobiles added a multi-sensory effect...I love the smell!

Accompanying Dave and I were Dave's wife Jenn, their son Devin, and his friend Maria. We had a fantastic time. Here are all the sleds before the trip; we left right from Dave's house and went across some fields to get on the trails....


And then, today, we are kind of being lazy. It is a lego kind of day, and currently the kids are building Cinderella castles, trains, and Spiderman forts. I love when the kids play legos. Later, we'll head to the library and then to a going away party at Grenda's for one of the kids' friends Xavier, who is moving to New York.



And this week has been AWESOME for snow. Whoever said we were getting no more snow this winter is crazy...cuz in the past six days we have had 5 separate storms; today is kind of warm out, and I hate it--it is about 40. But tonight we are supposed to get a couple more inches of snow, and then tomorrow some ice and rain and freezing rain. Yuck. But we certainly have piles and piles and piles of snow. In fact, I just reminded myself that I need to go raque the roof....cuz after my MRI tomorrow I wont be able to use my arm for a couple of days...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop whining about your shoulder😴😴😴😴