Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Rich People Olympics



Dont get me wrong--I LOVE the winter Olympics....but let's call a spade a spade.....these are the 'rich' Olympics...just about every sport in these games requires expensive 'accessories' or stuff. Right? I mean, how much is a pair of running shoes (summer games) or a bathing suit (summer games). DAD??? I NEED A BOBSLED...AND I NEED YOU TO MOVE THE WHOLE FAMILY TO SQUAW VALLEY....OKAY??

Amanda and I (when she is speaking to me) are HUGE fans of the winter games, and we talk about it incessantly! I feel like this passion is wearing off on the kids, who seem to have totally gotten into the games as well. I came home last Friday after school to see a bunch of Olympic stuff the kids and Amanda made for our two "Olympics Parties" last weekend.....

The Torch, which was used while Callum put on John Williams' 'Olympic Theme' and ran with a passionate #TimFace around the house....


Go Team USA!!!!!!


The kids loved the opening ceremonies, and we let them stay up late to watch a bunch of it....but Callum made a few astute observations about the opening ceremonies: "All the Olympics is so far is people in suits talking, and commercials." I think he was referring to the useless interview Bob Costas did with Obama. Does Obama ski or something? No? Then shut up.

Rings were made (a few sets) to be hung on the walls. Lots of Olympic arts and crafts.....

Now that the games have started, the kids get REALLY passionate about some of the races (particularly XC skiing) and the pairs figure skating, which the two imitate when Callum lifts Maira, and Maira raises her arms above her head (like a real figure skater!)


And then it was time to just relax, read a book or two, and wait for MeeMee and Grampy (in a rare 2 hour stretch where Lin wasnt sick) to come by for some opening ceremonies!!


No comments: