Monday, May 11, 2015


Mother's day weekend was almost a perfect weekend...and it has been a LOOOOONG winter (which I love, yes) with some NOT so perfect weekends. I didnt see my own mom on mother's day weekend, which is why it was ALMOST perfect. On Saturday morning I biked to church for a men's breakfast thingy...then I rode back and Sally left almost immedately so she could spend the day with her mom. They did lunch and Kohl's and other wicked lame stuff #sorry #ilove. I got to be with the kids all day, so everyone won! Callum had a soccer game at noon, so we went to that. Grampy rendezvoused with us at the soccer fields and then we went home and spent most of the rest of the day on the deck, reading books, playing soccer, and stacking (or tryinggggggggg to stack) some wood. 

Here is Maira and her best friend. She often scratches him behind the ear and says "oooh...that's the fahhhht" (fahhhht is Mairaish for SPOT). It is quite endearing to see them interact...


Dinner was at Amici's Cucina on Saturday night. Linda and Sally met us back at the house at 5ish and we went over for supper there. I have mentioned Amici's before, as I used them to cater our class night when I was the senior class advisor. A fantastic, splendid, delicious, and charming place to have a great dinner. I love Cancun and Governor's and I write about those places all the time...but if my parents come up I would like them to come eat dinner at Amici's. A nearly perfect little spot. Maira's facial expression here kills me for some reason. And Callum looks like he just got caught doing something bad....


See if you can find Lupine in this photo....

I mentioned that we spent time on the deck reading. While grampy watched tv and Callum watched some kid's show on the computer, Maira and I hung out outside, and she 'read' me one of her favorite books from the MAGIC TREEHOUSE series: Dinosaurs After Dark. I took a video of her reading this too, but I cannot figure out how to post them on the blog. I should figure this out...

I SHOULD point out that Maira's outfit killllls me each time I look at this picture. It was 76 degrees out, and she STILL wanted a fleece jacket and pants. She is the polar opposite of me...in so many ways. She loves to be warm and cozy and she is always cold...hilarious....



 One special thing we did on Saturday was walk to the soccer fields. We went down the trail across the street and came out at the fields. The kids were ELATED to do this. I put them in the wagon (for which they are getting TOO BIG I am just realizing...) and pulled them down the stretch. They wanted to stop here for a pic because they wanted me to send this pic to Tim and Elwyn's duog, Star. She "loves" this "pond" apparently. It is more like a swamp. But whatever. There is a family of baby ducks and their mum who live in this little marshy spot. Even ducks need mother's day...


No comments: