Saturday, May 16, 2015

Today was a good Saturday. But it was a BUSYYYYY Saturday. One of the reasons why I love winter so much is because it isnt as 'busy.' You can sit inside by the fire and read and do legos and be all in one spot. .I guess I could do that with summer too, but everyone likes to be outside. This morning started off with a 7am speed workout at the Lawrence track. I came home to good "Wicked" coffee--the best coffee made/found in Maine. Maira and I then took a 'date' to Hillman's where I got a whoopie pie donut for Sally (and me), a frosted cookie for the boy, and a cupcake that Maira picked out. I love Hillmans to death, but their coffee is awwwwwful. It is, on its best day, 'moderately' luke warm. First world problems. Went home and Sally left for HER run. The kids and I sat at the table and read and worked on some writing. Callum loves doing two things with his writing. One, he loves making lists. Two, he LOVES sounding out words (and he gets all self conscious if he doesnt spell it correctly). I told him he spells better than some of MY students....haha. Anyway, here is his list....and, also, beside it, Maira was working on some of her letters as well. Can you figure out what callum wrote? Soccer Game. Stack Wood. Plant Vegetables. Ride to Benton. Eat Burgers. 


Ah yes. Riding to Benton. Callum and I go on a bike ride just about each day. Also, Maira and I ride bikes (actually she does) each afternoon from 3-320 while we wait for Callymn to get off the bus. I walk Orso while she rides. ANYWAY, he started asking this past Monday about riding to his new school: Benton Elementary. He will start first grade there next year, and he is IN LOVE with the school. The school is two miles away from us. But we rode there in a sort of roundabout way--adding on an extra mile on the way there. All told, he and I rode six miles roundtrip to the school....we played on the playground...he wanted to pack a snack...and we rode home. The pic below is one I snapped of him on the way back--we were riding over the Benton/Fairfield bridge over the Kennebec River. We have paddled this section many times, and it is awesome to paddle underneath the bridges. If you blow the pic up you can see two bridges in the background. The one closest to us is a railroad bridge, and it is beautiful to see the train going over the bridge. Especially in the winter. Beyond that, you can make out the Route 95 bridge.


He had a blast on his ride, and I was very proud of him for being so safe and conscientious and for listening so well to me.

Look at these two goonsssssss. Callum asked if we could take a "selfie." Also, yesterday, he asked Amanda "mommy, can you set up my WiFi connection?" What is happening to my kids?? haha.
Also, today he asked if he could change his name to "Jared Jr." My heart melted.


So a fantastic day. But exhausting day. We also had his soccer game at noon. And then we planted a lot of the garden aaaaaand I started stacking some of the two cord of wood that is currently dumped in our driveway. But at the end of it all, Sally and I still had time for this nice picture...

1 comment:

Ortiz said...

OMG ONE JARED IS ENOUGH!