Sunday, April 13, 2008

I can't find the picture . . .(actually I just did)



But we spent today painting the bean's nursery. Amanda and I started at around noon, and, shortly thereafter, Michelle came over to help us again. This was good for two reasons. One: Michelle is an excellent painter and perhaps the most organized person I know, yet she showcases her talent in such a calm and supportive way. Two: I am a complete jerk when I am forced to do something I hate, dont understand, or am not good at. Painting, for me, satisfies all three of these descriptors. I feel like I take out my frustration on Amanda when I am in this context (doesnt everyone do this with their spouse?), and having Michelle there really kept me in line.


At any rate, we got the room done . . .well the first coat anyway. It looks very, very nice, and it gives Sally and I hope that this will, soon enough, be an appropriate and cozy nursery for our little man. Thomas, of course, made his presence known by walking all around the wet paint, and taking advantage of the fact that the door from the crawl space had to be removed to be painted--he explored frontiers of the house once off-limits to him. Hopefully we'll finish the room this week so its not hanging over my head for the whole April vacation.


Speaking of which, this is the last week before April break. I've never said this, but I actually NEED this vacation. Its been a long, hard winter (and in some ways, its not over yet) and frankly I'm exhausted (a "parent" reading this is going to say 'well you dont even KNOW the meaning of exhaustion yet . . .just you wait'). But I really do need a chance to relax, regroup, and get work done before I begin what is sure to be a busy 4 or 5 weeks. After break, I see my classes for about 4 more weeks before finals start. That means, also, that after break, we can expect (possibly) the bean in 4 or 5 weeks too. Things are going to very quickly become interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great so far. Much better than the wallpaper! What color is the ceiling...it looks different from the walls. Hard to believe you only have 4-5 weeks basically left! I don't enjoy painting but do not mind to do it. I am always available for compensation of fried dough...HA!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a good painter, I get fired quickly. But I can baby-sit

Belle said...

Looks great guys! I love the colors! Amanda you really did a great job, maybe when you visit this summer you can help me with Emma's room (ha! ha!). We'll feed you crabs and fresh flounder!

I can't believe there are only 4 to 5 weeks left! I can't wait to meet my new cousin!!!! :) Do you think he'll want to play Kids Incorporated?

Anonymous said...

Hi little kids,

The room looks great! I'm just feeling really bad because I should have been there to help like I said I would. If there's anything left to do, like woodwork, I'll be right on it.

I love you guys and I'm missing you and everyone a whole lot. I'll be home soon. Tell the bean that grammy loves him! Love you!!!!