Thursday, April 10, 2008

I love Lilacs


About 89 % of the time, I am too arrogant, thickheaded, and obdurate to realize how great I have it. Amanda reminds me. I am lucky enough to spend my life with a woman completely unfluttered by material things, status, or social standing; she is happy to be alive, with me, no matter what we are doing. I only wish I could learn more from her. I have a surprise for her this weekend; its one she deserves, and one I know she needs. Its small, but meaningful. She has told me, and I believe every word of her, that the "surprise" I've been teasing her about all week could be something as simple as going to Gifford's for ice cream or taking a ride up to the Forks to watch the Kennebec--but it would still mean the world to her; money need not be involved. She's remarkably easy to please, and she sees the beauty and generosity in everything others do for her. I know this may sound corny to some, but for me, its my life. I have surprised Amanda with a 7 dollar bouquet of tulips, and an $XXXX.00 diamond ring . . .and she's shown the same appreciation and excitement just simply to be thought of.


That being said, Amanda will be getting a surprise tomorrow. What could it be? I guess we'll just have to wait. Or, just hang around Lynne for five minutes until she blurts it out. Just kidding Lynne.


Lastly, we had an appointment today; Amanda has gained 30 pounds, total, thus far. Irma, a really great midwife whom we met today, poked and prodded and found the little man's head--right where it was supposed to be at the bottom of the uterus. She let us both feel it . . .moreover, she pushed his little butt up so that his head bumped against our fingers. Amazing.


This blog is not meant to be preachy; but rather, its just the meanderings of a soon-to-be-30 young man who complains way too much about stupid minutia . . and fails, often, to see what he has.


Honor the ones you love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No truer words have been spoken, you are a lucky man in more ways than one. I think its more like 99% of the time, wah, wah.

Belle said...

How sweet Jared :)

You really are lucky to be married to Amanda, she truly is a wonderful person!

I can't wait to hear all about her surprise! Does Lynne know because then I can ask her about it?

Anonymous said...

I know the surprise I'm a good secret keeper!!!

I can't wait to squeeze the beans bum

Anonymous said...

Jared -- you are the best. I'm glad I can be those things for you, and I hope you know that you help me too - we are good together! This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.

Wait a minute.... Gidget knows about the surprise too??? What the heck? How can so many people know and I didn't find out?

Anonymous said...

I by default know the surprise....it olives. Anywho...good points made Jared. That was the beauty of TaTa's and my vacation, I.e. We got to appreciate time together without the garb of day to day life dealings that seem to blur what is most important.