Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Its back!


Thank goodness--its about time! After months of waiting (because of the stupid writer's strike) we were finally treated to a brand spankin new episode of NCIS tonight. I know . . .its pathetic that we get so excited for a simple show, but its really more than that. Tuesday nights, traditionally, are Amanda and I's TV night, where we watch NCIS and THE UNIT. The Unit isnt back yet, but that just leaves us something to look forward to for next year! When I was in DC a few weeks ago, I looked endlessly for an NCIS hat, since their headquarters is in Alexandria, VA--where our hotel was. But all I could find were FBI and CIA hats. Who needs them, when you've got the elite crime fighting force of NCIS. Its great to have these old friends back!


Oh, and we had a pretty good band rehearsal today after school. I havent really written much about this, but my friend and colleague Dave, two seniors, and I have formed a "side project" band to play a fundraiser for the junior class. We meet for about an hour or so each Tuesday afternoon, and we're mostly playing popular covers from bands like Pink Floyd, John Mayer, Feist, Foo Fighters, and more. Its fun because we all get to switch instruments (thats what she . . .), which means that I'm not totally on the keyboard. I am doing most of the singing, but I also play drums on a couple of songs. Its great. More on this later . . .

No comments: