Thursday, February 26, 2009

PILTDOGS Part 3-By Callum





Hi this is Callum. Daddy said I could do a PILTDOGS tonight, and I will tell him what to say so he can type it. A place that I love is called Governor's Restaurant in Waterville. It is one of my favorite restaurants EVER (but I only have 8 months to work with here people). One of the reasons I love Governor's so much is because of all the great memories I have with so many special people. It is, actually, the only restaurant all of my grandparents have been to--my grammy, grampy, and P-Pop love to eat there regularly, and my Nannie and Papa ate there on the day I was born last June!! Also, my Auntie KK and Uncle Twon love Governor's as well, and mom and dad went with them a couple of weeks before I was born (Uncle Twon took some really great "late pregnancy" pics of mommy right outside Gov's). Uncle Jon and Mel like it there too, but they like Craparitas a lot better. Governors is also a favorite place of many of mommy and daddy's friends like Andrea, Jason and Jen, and Brian and Melissa--they all love the Gov's!
I also like Governor's because of the neato electric choo choo train that goes all around the ceiling of the dining room....it even has a Maine Central locomotive...like my daddy has, but never uses! The waitresses are really pretty and they all like me and they all come over to me and say how big I am and how they remember mommy when she was pregnant with me. I tell mommy this means she and daddy go there too much!
Tonight, my parents took me to Gov's because it was kids night! They had arts and crafts, music, balloon animals, and facepainting. But our hostess sat us right in front of the dessert case, and I couldnt NOT take my eyes off it! It even spins around...just the like my favorite ceiling fan at home!




Finally, the waitress brought over my favorite dish I have tried at Governor's--mashed potatoes without gravy. Delicious! I ate almost the whole little dish!!! I also ate a lot of pears too.But I just could NOT take my eyes off the revolving dessert case. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Its too bad there werent bottles in there too--then it would be WICKED awesome! Oh, and I love the little high chair cushion I have...it keeps my little bum from sliding out of the high chair, since I am still kind of little....Then a really pretty waitress named Kate came over to visit me, and even though she said "oh...SHE is so cute," I forgive her. First of all, its the first time anyone's ever thought I was a girl. And, second of all, she made me a wicked cool BALLOON SWORD!!! I had to keep telling my daddy that this is a SWORD!!!! I swear...even at 8 months old, I think I am more mature than my daddy sometimes!
Phew....what a great night at the restaurant. I was so tired after all my balloons, mashed potatoes, dessert gazing, and bath taking that, as soon as daddy put me down in my crib to dress me in my PJs, I rolled right over and tried to go to sleep! This is a fun game I like to play with my parents; we see who is quicker, me or them when they try to change me and I roll right over. I usually play this while they are trying to change my diaper. And they usually win. But I've been practicing when they're not looking!

And my crib is on the last possible "level" because now I stand up in my crib all the time and lean on the railing. Mommy and daddy freak out and think I'm going to jump out soon, but they need to relax. I'm just Callum bein' Callum
Well, goodnight everyone!
Love Callum

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this, how sweet!

Anonymous said...

one of the best blogs EVER, hands down! I loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Callum, you do the best blogs!Youare so cute. You are a real Mainer, eating all those potatoes. You have a bum just like your father!

Anonymous said...

Notice Belle, Steve Cee & Emma have not been taken to Govenors. Hmmmmm.........just saying.....

Anonymous said...

Nannie loves the blog and the little 'BUM", you are a cutey.

Nanna and Spongebob took you to Governors the day we came up for xmas, you got to sit in the big booth with Nannie, remember.

so next year or this summer we can all go and get that $20.00 dessert that feeds a million of us, won't that be fun, we will have to be fighting over it with uncle twon and Jackson and Auntie KK though, don't ya think.

good blog, you must be going to be an English Teacher like your daddy.

The choc covered macaroons are really good there too, Nannie will buy you when next time she is there.

PS. keep up the good work of playing possum with your parents, and constantly wiggling around and moving when daddy tries to change you and dress you, PAYBACK TIME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Belle, Stevie Cee, and Emma -- we will definitely take you guys to Governor's the next time that you are up here! I can't believe that we haven't been there during one of the Thanksgiving trips... It's the best and you guys will love it! Yes, they do have chicken nuggets :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sally Piles! Emma will be happy about the chicken nuggets. Just to let you know she actually tried meat loaf the other night and she eats steak now! Big milestones in the Chiemiego household :)

Anonymous said...

P.S.
LOVE the cute little butt!!!!!:)

That picture is a keeper for when Callum's first serious girlfriend comes to the house to meet the parents.

Anonymous said...

I knew i recognized that dessert carousel... gotta love Governor's.
-Brian & Melissa (i miss gov's!)

Anonymous said...

one other comment though: I will say that we don't like margarita's better than governor's because you can't really compare the two anyway. You can't compare home cooked style food to mexican, you just can't. And also, might I add that we hardly ever go to margarita's unless it involves other people from the Dovey or Willard family! I think you got Uncle Jonathan and Mel confused with Grammy and Grampy =)

Michelle Garner said...

This was such a great post! I love that Callum is posting to the blog now!