Sunday, October 11, 2009

We went to the Apple Farm,

and here are some picture.....

Callum with a Belgian Quarter Horse named Prince. Actually, Callum wasnt really the least bit interested in the horse. But mommy loves horses.
Callum LOVES apples....he loves holding them, picking them, eating them, and putting them into "peck" bags. Today was a beautiful, cool, WINDY day, and we had a wonderful time picking apples. What we did was this: We played this morning, then Callum went down for a nap at around 12:30. While he did that, Amanda worked on the wallpaper taking downing, and I finished splitting next year's firewood (we'll stack tomorrow). Also I washed my Allez in preparation for a few more good fall rides. When Callum awoke, we went into the backcountry of Fairfield.
I will be getting an 8x10 of this. I love it. Look how happy this kid is. I can only pray that this happiness and exuberance be with him all of his life. He makes me smile more than I ever thought possible.

Callum is only in the 20th percentile for his height and weight (MY son???). But, alas, he is now tall enough to ride on my shoulders (his legs werent long enough for me to hold before that). He enjoys riding way up high, and it makes it easy for him to grab apples!


Last night after CS went to bed, we had some fun of our own....
We made some firestarters for the stove (melting and reforming the remains of old votive candles), and then we carved a jack-o-lantern. We took the seeds from the pumpkin, coated them with oil, honey, and salt, and roasted them. Yum!! Here is our 'jack....

No one lost any finger, and it looks so good sitting in our breezeway, alight with a candle inside. It actually looks kind of creepy when you see it from the street....



6 comments:

ortiz said...

That smile on Callum's face is worth a millon dollars. Nice hat Ja.

Mee Mee said...

Callum is soooo cute! I can't wait to see him. I'm so glad that he likes apples and fruit. Acually, Jared and Amanda, you are cute too and Im looking forward to seeing you. We've been having a nice time but we'll be leaving tomorrow early. It's been very hectic here. We had food from a place called Pei Wei and it was very similar to Asian Cafe. You would have loved it! Callum, Grampy and I will see you soon with a surprise!
wei

Mee Mee said...

Callum is soooo cute! I can't wait to see him. I'm so glad that he likes apples and fruit. Acually, Jared and Amanda, you are cute too and Im looking forward to seeing you. We've been having a nice time but we'll be leaving tomorrow early. It's been very hectic here. We had food from a place called Pei Wei and it was very similar to Asian Cafe. You would have loved it! Callum, Grampy and I will see you soon with a surprise!
wei

lynne said...

Oh No,Anne, I'm doing what you do!! I really don't know how that happens.

Nannie said...

Ha Ha MEE MEE, nice to know its not just me,

I think we do it to get our point across.

:)

Nannie said...

Hey Callum, love your hat

have you learned how to say
TRICK or TREAT yet...