Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ridin' Around

So I'm starting to accept spring. I hate spring. And summer. All it means to me is work. I dont mind work at all; I love working around the house, outside, etc. But summer makes me feel like I "have" to do it. It is pressure. And I dont like it when people (or seasons) mess with me, pressure me, or make me do things I dont want to do. That is why I am a winter person.

Another reason I hate spring is because of all the heaving. Whereas we live about 300 yards from the Kennebec River, our entire neighborhood is built on clay....and clay heaves. Look at the blue step in the background of the first picture. Our driveway looks like it had an earthquake.

But if spring is going to be here this early, then so be it. Nothing I can do about it. I just look at it as an early bicycle season. If you dont know that Callum loves bikes, then you dont know Callum. He has been having a blast during this early spring, tooling around on his tricycle (his feet dont reach the pedals yet, so we push him) or enjoying a spin in our bike trailer.



And dont tell him this, but we already bought him a bike for his birthday. It is a Trek (which is like buying a Yankees hat if you are a Specialized rider--like we are) but Dave (at Mathieu's) found it used for us, and it is a GREAT bike. We figure he'll only use it for a season or two...and then he'll be too big for it. So what is the point of spending a lot of money?
And after a tiring afternoon of fresh Maine spring air, what better thing to do than relax and read. This is Callum's new favorite reading spot. He brings his books in the Kozy Koop, shuts the door, and says "bye bye" to everyone so he can be left alone to read.....very cute
Callum (and Auntie and Uncle) are really looking forward to seeing the Favry family tomorrow. Safe travels.

3 comments:

ortiz said...

Too cute, does Callum know you are not to tech messages while driving?

Unknown said...

Callum looks like everyone else on the SE expressway from 4-7 pm

Mee Mee said...

I just love Callum!!!! He looks so relaxed while driving and so cute too!