Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Congratulations Jon and Kelsey

But first, let's fix a door.

I can't figure out what the heck is going on with our front screen door. The "thresh hold" kick-step kind of thing is all loose and there is space between it and the wood when people step on it. So Callum and I decided to investigate.......In this picture, he is off to get his tools....

Luckily, he found his hammer in time to help me diagnose the problem. He also got his saw, his screwdriver, and his whole drill press for that matter. You never know what kind of tools you will need. He was a great help....
....but we were unable to figure out what is going on. Anyone know how to fix these things? I think it is part of the whole door frame. So I can't take off the aluminum kick-plate you see above. I dont know. Send Callum and email or call him and let him know what he needs to do. This is his project now......

Okay. Back to congratulations. Jon and Kelsey just recently got engaged--they did so up in Acadia National Park (a popular location for popping the question....just ask Amanda). Last Sunday (I am so behind on blogs) we all met for dinner at Mainely Brews in Waterville. Great food. Great beer. The worst service in the world. Consistently. But it is a great place and the food, beer, and atmosphere make up for it!

Here we are waiting for our food. Kelsey is the one sitting next to Jon.....haha
I know they are just in the infancy of the fun known as wedding planning.....but I think they are thinking about a weekend in September. For some reason the 17th comes to mind. If it is the 17th, it will be a week before our anniversary. I hope that isnt the week of Rosh Hashannah though....haha.....because we got married on the weekend of Rosh Hashannah, and not one member of my family on my dad's side came to the wedding. Apparently they are THAT serious about being Jews....but I dont hold any resentment.....

Jon and Kelsey.....
This picture was taken right after I told Kelsey that if she ever laid a hand on Jonathan, I would kill her.......

A good night to celebrate. It is always fun to watch a wedding be planned....especially when you arent the one who has to do the work (haha). Hopefully we'll see more of Jon and Kelsey, and help them in any way we can in the planning of their special day.

Oh, is it raining where you are? Because we need some rain. Send it our way. It has been sunny and 70 for like 4 days in a row......

Except not.

1 comment:

Karen said...

nice volvo shirt