Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time for some music....

In my opinion, the best singer/songwriter going right now....I come in as number 2 on that list! Haha....

Big concert tomorrow night at WHS auditorium....starring me.

I am playing a concert tomorrow night at 6pm as a fundraiser for the freshmen class (class of 2013) Good friend and colleague Lori Loftus and I are the class deans, and we thought this might be a good way to raise some money for when we put on the Sadie Hawkins dance next year.

With all the negativity, rumors, lack of money, shady deals, politics, and everything else that has been going on at school this year, music is certainly my saving grace, and, as I always say, I consider it a true gift to be able to share music and songwriting with my students. It is very humbling.

A couple of my girls put a quick youtube video on last Friday; they thought it would be a good advertisement for the show. The process was kind of neat: There were only 3 kids in class because most of the seniors were in DC...they asked if I could play "Break Even" by The Script...I said "no...but I can try and learn it"...I dug out my keyboard and started messing around...I learned the song....I performed it while they recorded it on their Macbooks....and the rest is history. If you want to see it, go to youtube.com and type in "Mr Goldsmith's English Class" and look for the bald idiot in the purple shirt.

I've put my set list together for tomorrow. I have a couple of freshmen "opening up" for me...but after I get on I think I will play:

Before I Go To Sleep
Message (by Coldplay)
Lover's Hand
Acadia
Sunporch
25 Again
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room (by John Mayer)
Break Even (The Script)
Far Away
Endlessly (the song I wrote for Michelle and Chris's wedding a couple of years ago!!)
No Air (Jordin Sparks)
Oyster River
????


Hopefully it will be a good time. I love performing!

9 comments:

Sally Piles said...

Callum and I are so excited for your concert, Jared! It's gonna be great. Maybe Callum will make a guest appearance like he did last time... We're your biggest fans!

belle said...

Good luck tomorrow night! You'll do great!

Seriously though, John Mayer? He's like the biggest dirt ball. I use to like his music but now he just comes across as dirty to me. What about Sting? He should be #1.

Sally Piles said...

I agree, Belle! Sting should be at the top of the list. He's really talented, and really cute too :)

jared said...

Agreed. I consider Sting probably one of the best songwriters of ALL TIME. I just meant that Mayer is the best "new" thing going.

He does have questionable morals, but that has nothing to do with his songwriting, right?

So wait....someone who watches Real Housewives of NJ is calling JOHN MAYER a dirtball???? haha

lynne and george said...

You say you love performing, well, you're very good at it , too! A natural. Not only are your songs and your singing very good but as an entertainer, you also provide lots of personality and comic relief. We love going to your concerts and are sad to not be there tonight. You will be fantastic! Have fun!!

meemee said...

I just saw you on you tube! Cool!

Kristin said...

Belle, NJ housewives starts in May!!!!

Jared, did you sing Big Girls?

Lisa said...

Wow! Jared! I had no idea! Where was this talent during OAHS track???? LOVED the you tube video!
Good luck with your concert and post some John Mayer clips! (He's a total dirtball but gotta love him! and you!)

Unknown said...

hey idiot