Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Old School 1


First of all, I have no idea why everything I am writing is underlined. I am trying to deal with it. But it drives me crazy.

Imbued by an awesome weekend with the guys this past weekend (dinner at Georgio's, lunch at Fresh Catch with Hank and Artie, dinner at Imperial Buffet, hot tub, Tim and Eric, Savers, and ice beers) I thought I would look through some of my old pictures--I have such a rich and storied history with my friends, and I wanted to check out some of the past. I will, from this point on, occasionally do an 'old school' blog where I take pictures of old pictures (no scanner....who do I look like, Mike Ponticelli???) and post they.


RUGBY AT NORTHEASTERN

This was my first match. The one where Hank ate the hill. Look at #11 in white....I am two back from him, ready for the hooker to throw the ball in. In the same match, I saw/heard a kid get his hip broken. It sounded like a man with pneumonia chewing peanuts.
BACHELOR PARTY

Okay. Now the underlining has stopped. Go figure. I had THE best bachelor party. Sorry Jon, Tim, John, and all you other unmarried dinks....nothing will top my bachelor party. We ate a Japanese steak house (pic below) and went paintballing, even. The CAST of my party was fantastic--great friends and family. Back (l to r) Brian Maher, Brian Kemish, Efthemios, Sport Jonathan, Stevee Hatch, Johnny C--Front (l to r) J.R. Adams, Hardworking Mike, Jiason, and yours truly....at the end of the "game," they had me put on an "orange tux" and gave me a one minute head start. I was accompanied by my best man Jiason. Obviously, he took good care of me and my other buds didnt shoot the crap out of me at all....

Earlier, at "Tokyo" in Salem NH...the most excellentist (this is totally a word...haha) restaurant. The food was transcendent. The drinks made me forget my identity. And, somehow, Johnny C ordered me a "quail egg," which, is, exactly like it sounds. A sushi delicacy featuring a raw quail egg the size of a softball....
TUCKERMAN'S RAVINE-WINTER 2000

Buddy and roommate Brian Kemish and I (accompanied by crazy ski guy Aaron) somehow thought it was a good idea to snowshoe up the Tuckerman's Ravine on a day when the USGS signs read "Extreme Avalanche Danger." Young and stupid guys. Aaron skiied down the bowl of Tuckerman's, while Bri and I brought our insulate sleeping pads up, strapped to our packs. We would use these for 'sleds' on the "Gulf of Slides" (to the west of the ravine). This lasted one run--when the friction from the snowpack--combined with the steep speed of our run--literally burned a hole through the pads.

Oh to be young again.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Keep up these posts, they are really fun and I enjoy them. It's interesting to see and hear all about you and your life before I came into it!

jared said...

CORRECTION LYNNE:

I HAD no life before you came into it.....

sally piles said...

That's sweet, Jared. Weird, considering she's your mother-in-law, but sweet nonetheless.

Lynne said...

Awwwwww that's sweet Jared!

Anonymous said...

The pics from your Bach party are some of my favs.

TK