Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter Carnival and Sadie's

Both of these occurred last week. And both of them made me very very very tired. I am a class advisor--I have been for two years now. This year, our (Lori, below, is the other advisor) kids are sophomores, and, thus, their responsibility was to run the Sadie Hawkins dance. The kids did a fantastic job, and the dance went off without a hitch. No drugs. No drinking. No procreating on the floor. Good stuff.

Once again I was the host for the winter carnival assembly. This year, since I am a man of the people, I decided to don Converse All Stars, spandex running pants, grey turtleneck, pink leisure suit, and beautiful wig. Obviously, I looked ridiculously hot. And I have a feeling these pictures will come back to haunt me. Soon enough.

Hosting these assemblies is always a hoot, and it is yet another example of the overpoweringly strong school spirit possessed by the Winslow High School kids. Why would anyone go anywhere else?
Here's a shot of the dance in our gym. The theme was "Wizard of Oz," and kids decorated by creating the emerald city, characters, yellow brick road, etc. The bathroom stalls had ruby slippers dangling from the bottoms, to make it look like a toilet fell on Lynne...um....I mean...the witch....This picture was taken during one of the TWO slow songs played at the dance; when I was a kid, we had slow songs every other song! This was my only chance to ever touch a girl.....
Like I said...I am a man of the people. Here are three juniors I hope to have next year--Maddie, Sara, and Elizabeth. Maddie's date was a kid named Callum--this is the only other Callum I have ever heard of. Elizabeth, all the way to the right, is a student I had as a freshman. She loves me SO MUCH that she took both my speech and creative writing class. Lucky her. Cuz I am so awesome.
Running on the yellow brick road with Conner and Camille. The three of us....joined by the afore mentioned Lori Loftus.....make up the "RaiderRunners" club--the four of us run most days of the week, and we have a blast. All four of us are signed up for the marathon in June. Camille is my French exchange student this year. GREAT kids all.
March still sucks.

2 comments:

ORTIZ said...

YOU LOOK SO HOT AS A BLOND, YOU LOOK REALLY GOOD WITH THE WEIGHT YOU LOST.

Mee Mee said...

Wow, Jared! You look just like Aunt June when she wears her long wigs!
She does love wearing wigs. I'm glad everything went well at the dance.