Thursday, July 5, 2012

Callum's little party.....

 All the kids enjoying some fresh watermelon, hot dogs, and ice tea!


The day started off with Callum and I running our races (see last post...hehe). After Callum's one mile, I had my 5K trail run....it was so hot and humid and wet and I am not lying when I say it was probably the worst race I have ever run......








Caden and Maira are special friends....they seem to love to entertain each other! Very cute!

Even though Callum's birthday was actually on June 14, last Saturday we had a little party for him...it was a mellow little gathering....exactly the kind of party Callum wanted to have. Attending were MeeMee, Grampy, BaBa (after his Black Fly Festival Parade...haha) Uncle Jon, Aunt Kelsey, The Fitzpatrick family, and Dave (Muriel was home sick). The Favry family is going to come a weekend soon when they have more time to stay longer, and, as I speak, Nannie and Upbob are in transit for a little Maine visit. Papa, of course, is still recovering at home from his surgery, and, in my  next post, we'll write about our visit to see him!

It was a beautiful day (although kind of hot, I thought). But it was very nice to sit outside with everyone and relax....we had hot dogs (for the kids....and some adults....) and I made some pretty good marinated chicken strips--one batch was marinated in the famed "Spiedie" sauce, and the other was marinated in an Asian style sauce I put together: Peanut sauce, wasabi, garlic, soy, etc....



Me, CartoonBrad, Siena, and Mia!



Two lovely ladies!


2 comments:

Siena said...

Great pics! It was a fun time!

The Goldsmiths said...

xxoo to the max!!
-jyared