Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Meanderings 75 (just four)



Callum at LL Bean, hanging out in the fishtank....





No other new pictures today. So..............I decided to do this: Two years ago today, this is what we were doing. We were over Dave and Muriel's house, and Callum was checking out the chickens with Dave (see? Another cool thing about a blog is you can see what you have done!).

1. How come when you go hiking to the top of a mountain, they always tell you to bring extra clothing because it can be so chilly up there? Isnt heat supposed to rise? Shouldnt it be HOTTER at the top of a mountain. This isnt so much of a meandering as it is basic physics. Seriously.

2. We have stopped going to the library in our town, and we now go to the one in Winlsow, where the people who work there are actually NICE and happy to help you. How can you work in a library, around books, information, coolness, art, music, and beauty and NOT enjoy helping people learn? I dont get it.

3. To anger these bitter people, this is what I am going to do: I am going to write a book called "!." That is correct. The title of my book will be 'exclamation point.' Furthermore, I am going to have a pseudonym when I write this book, and it will be "-45.8." That is right. My name will be a number. My magnum opus will be "!" by "-45.8." I am going with a 'negative' number to confuse them/piss them off even further. People will say "Have you read ! by -45.8? I love it! I love ALL of -45.8's work, in fact." This is probably the best idea I have ever had. Libraries will have to put my first. And book stores will have to virtually create my own section because you know all the nook reading hipsters arent going to be able to figure out how to find !. By -45.8.

4. What would be the worst ALL YOU CAN EAT buffets of all time? All you can eat pancakes is a terrible idea, right? I mean, I cant eat that many pancakes. And I wouldnt want to. What about allyoucaneat baked potatoes? No toppings like chili or cheese. Just butter. And salt. That would suck. And what about tomato soup? Who the heck even wants ONE bowl of tomato soup when they are out? Tomato soup is what you eat when you have nothing else in the house, right?  I am going to keep thinking about this. I welcome your ideas.

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I think you may have too much time on your hands. But, it's fun to read!

Sally Piles said...

How about all you can eat rice.

And I don't think you should have shared your '!' book idea on here. Someone might steal it and then we would lose out on the millions that you would make as a famous author....