Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I havent even


written about my whole bachelor week experience? Why not? I dont know.

But it was truly unprecedented; Amanda and the kids went to NJ to see family, and, since preseason was starting for CrossCountry, I stayed behind--I had meetings, practices, etc. What did I DO on my bachelor week? I will never divulge that information.

One thing that was cool was how Timmy came up to visit me for a couple of days. He brought Star, his duog, and we had a blast eating at Cancun, chatting up some Norwegian social workers at Mainely Brews Pub, and, on Sunday, taking a ride to Moxie Falls up in The Forks. I have written about this hike before--see one of April's posts about the GOldsmith's hike there...

It is a beautiful spot, and the falls are truly majestic....




Here is Tim and Star. Arent they so cute? Eleni did not come up; she was at a full weekend workshop on "Overcoming your Pickle Phobia" facilitated by El Shabbaz Valez Khladid





Canning season is here, y'all!! This is one of our favorite time of years because a) we just really love preserving fresh vegetables so we can eat them throughout the winter b)it is a great relationship activity we can do together (cooperation is essential to canning c) no one else our age cans, so we can maintain our hipster aura d) it pisses off Jezsin Fantaselly to no end that we do this instead of buy bigger tvs e) it means the end of the summer is upon us, and winter isnt too far away!!!!


Since our cucumber crop has been so strong (although we have supplemented with cukes from The Apple Farm and other farm stands) we started with dill pickles!

All in all, we canned six quarts of dill pickles a couple of nights ago....



Tonight, since our friend Karl let us borrow his antique pressure cooker/canner, we are going to do several quarts of green beans. This family--the Marcouxs--live just across the street from us, and they have a HUGE garden. Nancy sets up a little farm stand where you pay on the honor system. Each day, Callum and I have been walking over to stock up on her beans.

Okaybye.

2 comments:

Prtiz said...

I guess seeing your parents on your bachelor week didn't make your post, oh well.

The Goldsmiths said...

Hey everyone, Ortiz has a new nickname!!! PRITZ!!!