Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween 2K12


Callum was a BAT and Maira was a chicken. Callum, Maira, and Amanda drove me to school at 7 this morning, which means that Callum has been in his costume since...well....7 this morning...

First, while I was at school, brother and sister played BUSY AIRPORT (a Richard Scary game) together....





We were crowded as usual....though maybe not as much as last year. The hilight (and maybe the weirdest thing to ever happen to us here) was a deadbeat mom shows up WAYYY after trick or treating was clearly over. She had her four bratty (through no fault of their own...poor kids!) kids and one of them starts screaming how he has to go to the bathroom. So he basically just runs into our house and finds the bathroom on his own. The mom just stands there in a daze...she doesnt care or whatever. The rest of the kids are standing in our breezeway and eye our bushel of apples and they just start taking apples out and eating them...Callum and Maira are just standing there in their PJs like "what the heck is going on here?" Then the other kids just come on into the house and start running around our house and I catch one of them in our living room jumping on the recliner. UM, PLEASE GET OUT OF HERE AND DONT DO THAT I say...MAYBE YOUR MOM WANTS YOU TO WAIT OUTSIDE, I say. Mom doesnt give two craps. Then she goes in (finally) to help her son...the kid has been in there for like ten minutes doing Who-knows-what....the other kids start infiltrating our house and Amanda and I are just standing there absolutely incredulous. We end up "parenting" these little brats while the deadbeat mom is in the bathroom. Then the OTHER three kids all line up and THEY have to go to the bathroom. I was trying to do the loving, Christian thing....but I was THIS CLOSE to just saying ya know what? We are not a hotel. Go someplace else. If I were the mom, I would have been all apologetic #likeallthetime and feeling bad. Not this deadbeat.. Just in a daze and letting her kids run all over the place. And, oh yeah, all the while, some fat deadbeat dude with his belly hanging out (presumably the father...but probably the guy the mom is doing this week) is just standing out in our driveway texting constantly. I am so pissed at myself, in retrospect, for not giving it to this guy saying "hey buddy...I think the mom could use some help parenting these goons in here." So mad I didnt say that. I was in shock, to tell the truth. Weirdest 22 minutes of my year. By far. Okay. Here are my kids....

An old favorite...getting some mileage out of this costume! She TOTALLY wanted to be this!!!



4 comments:

Nannie said...

Love the costumes, they look adorable.

however, i don't like the story
i think you need to take that off
not nice.

its suppose to be a happy time for trick or treat.........

Conner said...

LOL i love the mom story... you always have to deal with the weirdest scenarios somehow

Tim The Greek said...

what if that mom and dad are actually a good parents but just acting like "deadbeats" for Halloween, and the kids were in on it. If so, FANTASTIC COSTUMES!!! They could not have picked a more perfect house for their trick to work!!

The Goldsmiths said...

HAHAHAHAHA TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!