Monday, October 1, 2012

Santa's Village/NH 2012

Back from a wonderful weekend with the following people: Nannie, Upbob, Joanne, Auntie KK, Uncle Anthony, and Jackson. We stayed in a huge old Victorian house right on Kearsage St FEET away from Route 16 in North Conway--right in the heart of the downtown, the train station, the shops, et al. The house in which we stayed was quite interesting: The owner of it sort of broke it up so it was a condo, a massage spa, and a FANTASTIC bakery called McKaila's Sweet Shop. I went there at least twice per day for some freshly ground coffee and treats, including something called a 'compost cookie,' which had chocolate chips, granola, nuts, and BBQ potato chips #shadesofJezsin. It was awesome.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves in the next couple of posts; picking WHICH pictures to post is going to be really tough, for we really got some great photos on this trip. A quick itinerary of what we did:

FRIDAY: Got there around six....had some pizza....tried to put the kids to bed...then watched Bob, my mom, Joanne, and Anthony on their iphonepadpods. In addition, we worked on a list where we tried to find 25 things in the Milky Way galaxy that my mom "likes."

SATURDAY: Get up to rain....figure what the heck....go to Santa's Village anyway....God was really looking out for us, as it did not rain ONE drop on us while we had a great time at the park! Later that night we gave the kids an early dinner, put them to bed, and Anthony and I went to the store to pick up some provisions. We ordered out for supper, and then the four of us (Anthony, me, Kristin, Amanda) sat in the hot tub and enjoyed rum drinks. Amanda wore a new bathing suit *

SUNDAY: Poured most of the day....everyone but Bob and the Goldsmiths went to Clark's Trading post....Callum is petrified of trains that move....while Bob hung out and watched the start of the Pats, the Goldsmiths took a ride up to the Kancamagus highway and stopped along the Swift River, where I told Callum how MY dad used to take me here all the time when I was younger and I used to swim and climb on rocks....both kids LOVED the Swift river and we took a little hike along a trail on the side of the river....After everyone got back, we put the kids to bed and the Goldsmiths and Favrys went out to Moat Mtn Brewery for an anniversary dinner! Then, we were accosted by a guy from Eastern Slope Inn who tried to book us for a time-share schpeel the following morning. Also, I took a really great 45 minute run around North Conway and the Mt Cranmore hill resort, etc....North Conway REALLY is a gorgeous place and I have so many great memories of it as a kid

Enjoy the pictures.....we had a great time.

3 comments:

TFav said...

Correction - I did not partake in any iPhonepod playing Friday night....I enjoyed the hot tub while you spoke of some new religion

Anonymous said...

There are no pictures

Goldsmith said...

Anthony, I stand corrected. haha....#solitarysoaker

And ANonymous: YOu are absolutely correct. Very astute. I will post them tonight, even, he, said