Friday, December 28, 2012

Other things leading up to Christmas and such and such....


Christmas, as many people realize and appreciate, is all about the SEASON that it inspires...not so much about the 'day' itself. For us anyway. In fact, for all the people who get depressed when Christmas day is over, take heart: In our church, the true "Christmas Season" doesnt even 'technically' start UNTIL Christmas day. Fun!!

But, we try to jam pack our schedule full of family, friends, and Goldsmith traditions in order to celebrate the holiday. Above, you can see some of the attendees of the English Department Christmas Toast I hosted at my house before vacation started....folks came over and shared a couple of drinks and some cookies and some laughs--I work with some simply fantastic human beings, and it is always a treat to get together with them OUTSIDE of school! We had Mark, Lacey Jenn, Becky, me, Jen, and Katy (clockwise from the guy in the tie...)

Elizabeth, a former student who will soon be a fantastic English teacher, came by last Saturday to help Amanda bake cookies...the kids really really love seeing Elizabeth (and Conner) and, when she gets here, go into their 'turbo-let-me-show-you-everything-in-the-world' mood! Havent mentioned too much of this on the blog yet, but Callum got his bunk beds a week ago or so, and here is Elizabeth, on Callum's mandate, sitting up on Callum's bed. Elizabeth is no stranger to bunk beds, since she shared with one HER sister all her life....


And then....settling down...watching Harry Connick Jr's THE HAPPY ELF....


This might be one of the strangest pictures of Callum ever taken:


Besides the fact that he looks like a homeless person, I should mention that, in his mind, he was dressed up as "Santa" and he was having people come over to sit on his lap and tell them what they wanted for Christmas. I will most definitely spare you the pictures of me sitting on his lap. Because they take weirdness to a new level. But what the heck is the kid wearing?? Well....a series of blankets AND his BRAND NEW snow boots he just got (which we finally need since we got a 'storm' yesterday!).

And this one is just weird as well. It was taken on Christmas Eve, and even I dont know the context of it...all I know is that there needs to be a caption contest for it, even.....


Gonna go try to finish my book I have been reading...it really really sucks and I just want to be done with it. Amanda is out with her girlfriends for dinner. It must be nice to have friends in Maine.....

No comments: