Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So this is what we do....


We spend all our time obsessing about/talking about/singing about/reading about/watching reindeer. Our little man has a clinical obsession, I think, with all things deer. The SHores, next door, have this light up deer that flashes green and then red....each afternoon, when I pick the kids up from daycare and drive home, the first thing Callum does is RUN to the reindeer....he loves it. Callum loves Rudolph better than Santa....he wants nothing to do with Santa.....at all.....AT.ALL.

But he DOES want EVERYTHING to do with all things train lately....he has really been getting into his trains. And, at Osh Kosh outlet in Freeport a couple of weeks ago, while picking out his Christmas outfit, I came across this gem, and I "sold" him on it....in about an eighth of a second. Once he saw it there was no turning back....

Now it is his favorite outfit.....(he bought the hat as well....and I really wish they made these for dudes like me....)


And this is Maira does: She LOVES Santa! On Saturday last, we made our way into downtown Waterville to check out the author of Llama Llama Red Pajama do a reading and book signing....then, we meandered over to "Kringleville" in Castonguay square, where Santa's house is, etc. Callum refused to go NEAR the house....but Maira was all about getting up into Santa's sleigh, waiting in line, and seeing the big man in red... ALTHOUGH she did NOT sit on his lap. That is where she drew the line.....

but look at that smile! And you cant really tell....but it is SNOWING!!! (and today it was 50.....)



And this is what I do.....I sit around. My body is failing me. Still doing PT twice a week for my shoulder, I now have a brand new injury, which I call MOAAR (mother of all ankle rolls....). I have rolled and sprained A LOT of ankles in my day....but last Friday, when running across a field that had previously been muddy (hence lots of big footprints and divots) and suddenly FLASH FROZE, I rolled my ankle so badly that I a. heard a snap and b. lost my ability to stand....I fell right down. So I have been taking it easy. Easier than I want. I am going crazy. It is pretty difficult to find any exercises that dont involve your feet or your arms.....

But my buddy kept me company while I iced....and in this photo we were watching A Christmas Story....



Eating applesauce with great aplomb....




And, tonight, while Mommy hobnobbed with our senators and legislators, the kids sat, transfixed, watching Raymond Briggs' THE SNOWMAN.....see how they lined up all the Nutcrackers so THEY could watch too??




No comments: