Sunday, January 6, 2013

 
 
 
 
 
I had been meaning to post a few pictures from our New Year's eve and such. My Christmas vacation this year was without question one of my best of all time....the kids are at a great age where they truly embraced the spirit and excitement of Christmas....and the day on which Christmas fell meant that I had a week and  a half off for vacation...ANNNNND Amanda was off for the week too. We had just a fantastic time playing with all the new toys the kids got...sledding....ice skating....and baking. And, also, I worked on rehabbing my ankle so I can start running the way I want to again. To do this, I worked out on my ultra super boring bicycle trainer in the basement....and Callum did some spinning too.
 
Okay. Blogger is really messing with me tonight. The picture formatting is all messed up and I cannot space between pics. So I will just explain what we did. On New year's eve, we went over to our friends the Edwards' and met up with our other friends the Parks-Stamms. All the kids and adults got together and had dinner and drinks and played a lot (well....the kids played a lot mostly). Callum's little girlfriends Abby and Polly were having a super time with Callum (and Maira!). The other babies Brownlow (who is almost 2) and virtual newborns Anderson (Edwards) and Agnes (Parks Stamm) kept things interesting too!! Lots of fun!
 
Amanda made some wonderful whoopie pies which were, seriously, the second best I have ever had (sorry Amanda...Hillman's is still amazing). But those stupid-oprah-adored-Massachusetts-sellout Isamax Craps ones dont hold a candle to yours! She is taking requests if anyone wants to hire her out (for  whoopie.............................pies)
 
And I included a picture of Amanda and Emily. They have grown to be very good friends, and it is kind of sad to think they will be leaving in a few months (May, I think). Finley, the husband, is an economics professor at Colby this year, and he is a "visiting" professor....as I write this, he is at a conference in San Diego (every time I drop my waffle on the beach, I get a San Diego.......get it?) interviewing for positions at colleges all over the country. In many ways, Emily is the female "me." English teacher alliance. Runner alliance. XC coach alliance. Actually, that is all.
 
Okaybye
 
 
 
 

No comments: