Friday, January 11, 2013

Meanderings 81

 New favorite musical artist: Colbie Calliat!!



ALSO, been having some issues with the home computer....cant upload photos of the kids, etc....when the problem is rectumfied (yes, rectumfied) I will do it!!! xxoo......



1. Wouldnt it be funny if there was a guy named "Norm" and he was the biggest rebel in the world?

2. Some TV shows are 'spaghetti shows' and some shows are 'Thai Food' shows. Here's why: I dont mind eating spaghetti by myself....it isnt that exciting, but it is incredibly satisfying, and I enjoy it. I dont have to be in a big crowd to eat spaghetti; I can eat it alone in peace. Thai food, however, is the kind of food that begs to be eaten in a crowd; for me, part of the whole Thai food experience is trying a taste of everyone else's food--there are so many nuances and flavors and spices. I would call "Arrested Development" the 'Thai Food of Shows,' as an example, because the comedic experience is heightened when you watch it with others. Football, too, is a 'Thai Food' program, whereas something like Downton Abbey is definitely a spaghetti show.

3. Number two seemed a lot more interesting when I originally thought of it yesterday. I apologize for everything I just wrote in number 2....

4. Scientists tell us that 'matter can neither be created nor destroyed.' So what's the deal with smells? Where do they go? After you blow up a Yankee Candle or share a SBD fart together, and the smell "wears off," where does it go? It cant just "disappear"--according to physics anyway.....

Perhaps there is an 'island of misfit toys,' only there are 'smells' there. And perhaps those smells are getting ready to take over the world someday....

**The following two are designed to be 'cartoon' drawings (a la The Far Side) that my friend Brad and I could make if we collaborated on a project.....

5. You know how you go to a restaurant and go into the bathroom and see those signs that say "please tell a manager if our restroom needs attention?" Well, I imagine a drawing where it is, say, a 'stall door' that has been personified....eyes, a nose, a cute little pouty mouth....and it is obviously in severe emotional pain....therefore it needs some attention and love and affirmation......get it?

6. On a related note, what about a "scale model" of a building or model car, etc? What if it were a literal "scale" like you stand on in the doctor's office....but the 'scale' itself is wearing a cute dress and makeup or earrings or so....see? Scale Model.

7. I will probably try to think of others like this....I like this kind of stuff....if you can think of any, let me know!

3 comments:

Jyared said...

I am just reading this post again now....what a crappy, crappy meanderings. Probably the worst ever. I apologize, even

Anonymous said...

Not your worst, many were bad.

jyared said...

thanks dad.