Saturday, January 26, 2013

Imagination fuels the world....

 
 
It will be another--approximately--four months or so......and I believe Callum will be a more resourceful, more practical, more pragmatic person than his dad. He has a fantastic imagination indeed: The other day, impulsively, he decided he wanted to build a car for 'puppy.' In true "Apollo 13" fashion, he looked around, used what he had, and put a car together. Without any help or guidance at all. Three Christmas cookie tins, one Minnie Mouse drum, a rubbermaid tote cover, an empty paper towel roll (for the steering wheel 'neck') and a circle he cut out, by himself (for the steering wheel). Somewhere, Edna Walters is smiling. I believe she loved it when kids played with paper towel rolls......
 

Everyone has their own unique learning style and strength--I could never work 'in the field' of Boston like my Dad did....I would crash all the servers in the world if I had George's job....and if I built skyscrapers like Timmycocks they would all fall down.....but what I do have is a lot of creative energy and vision with my songs, my writing, my improvisation, and more (please take note everyone: I gave myself a compliment....this happens less often than Haley's comet visiting North American skies....). I can only hope that this creative energy (mixed with Amanda's amazing artistry and precision) can rub off on our kids.......

And Ms Maira is a ballerina lately.....

(woops....deleted the pic....didnt realize Callum was naked in the background! Come over my house if you want to see cute pics of Maira)

 


We have this FANTASTIC video of her dancing to....well.....okay....it is a One Direction song.....and I would love to post it...but our little friend Callum had just gotten a bath, and he is building a castle, naked, in the background, and I know Nannie would have a breakdown if I had naked Callum on the blog.....

....but we were able to get this shot of Callum building his castle (with no other 'parts' in the photo). The kid is in a huge "building" phase right now....legos, wooden blocks, magnetix, and more....he just wants to create....perhaps he will use his creative energy to get a job where he can make money like Tim #hadto #tokenjaredsayings #lotsoftim

 

It is hard to believe that, in 15 short years, I can put this photo next to my beautiful little girl........in a prom dress...........

And, on another note, the cold continues. Now the sixth day in a row where temps havent gotten out of the single digits. Although we MIGHT have gotten to 11 or so today. Mostly, the temp has been hovering at zero. I have run outside every single day this week with the exception of one day. It has been truly miserable, I have to say.

This morning I was on the ice on McGrath Pond/Salmon Lake at 10 or so....didnt end up even drilling any holes or setting any traps...just brought the ol' ATV and drove around the lake, checking out people's shacks, doing donuts, EATING donuts, and drinking coffee...................and Budweiser. Brad, Art, and I had a great time. It was just like any other day of fishing with the three of us....except there was no work involved (get it? The joke is that even when we DO fish we dont catch anything anyway....so what was the point of drilling holes?)

ta.....

1 comment:

Lauren Lekkas said...

Jared, I just caught up on about a year's worth of your blog. I love reading them! I hope you continue for years to come.