Monday, August 12, 2013

Fun in New Jersey!



The kids are having a blast....but hopefully not too much fun....so they still will want to come home to me...haha...above, Callum, Emma, and SteveeeeCeeeee horse around on Steve's parent's boat down on LBI (that, for you Mainers and Massers, stands for Long Beach Island) on the Jersey shore....

And what lobsters are up here in Maine, so are crabs down in NJ. Below, Callum and Steve inspect a crab. If this crab were 400 times bigger, one might mistake it for NJ governor Chris Christie....


I get to talk to the kids and Amanda at least three or four times per day. This week is killing me. Yes, it is nice to have time to come and go as I please, and I am getting a lot of work done, but I REALLLLY miss everyone. I am no good on my own. My friend Elizabeth nailed me to a tee: I am actually a very introverted person, in that I enjoy being alone and I dont do a "ton" with friends all the time. For example, all my exercises are introverted exercises--hours and hours running or biking alone. And I love reading alone. And paddling alone. But, as she points out, I am an extroverted introvert, in that I need to be 'told' what to do alone...haha. At any rate, I cant wait to see my family again. I have no one to cook for. There is no laundry to do. And it is way too quiet around here....haha. Oh, and I lied above: I said I get to talk to the kids and Amanda. That is not true. Yes, Callum, who adores me, talks to me. As does Sally. But Little Miss Maira wants NOTHING to do with me. She will not talk with me, nor did she even give me a kiss goodbye when they left. Oh well. Just like all the females in my family I guess......

Speaking of, it is too bad that my mom and my sister do not read this blog, because I think Maira looks EXACTLY like Kristin in these pics!!


Did I already put this pic on the blog? If so, sorry....


Emma, no doubt, is the STAR of the week to Callum and Maira. They ADORE her. I think even more than MeeMee...haha. But the kids have also had a blast playing with their other second cousins, Brandon and Samantha. Maira and Sammi were playing dolls together a bunch at Michelle's house. And hey!!! What is George doing in the background?? Is he on #screens?? Check out Maira's little dress.....


Some much needed downtime....Maira does like to cuddle while watching tv....


Today I met with the XC team and had a sort of 'paperwork' meeting with them. I cannot believe we are 'live' soon!!! Monday is when all the 'official' fall season begins. Just as well. I hate summer. But this has been an awesome summer. .Perhaps the best I have had in a long time. But too much rain.

Tomorrow is my final day without everyone. After some XC stuff perhaps I will go take a trip to Lake George, take a swim, do a solo paddle (yes...wearing my life vest), and bring my book. Unless it rains, and then I will put on a CLINIC of X Files watching....

No comments: