Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Annnnnnnnnnnnd more Legos....

But you'll get no complaints from me! Legos and books and firewood and Chinese food are the four things in life on which I dont mind at all spending money! In fact, I got bummed because Callum is now OUT of any new legos to put together!! WE NEED MORE!! ahhhhhhhh!!! haha

On Saturday, Uncle Jon and Aunt Kelsey came over. They brought Baxter too, and Lupine, after crapping herself, hid for the day down in the cellar (not the basement/finished den mind you....the actual boiler room...where she could even further hide!). Callum and Maira had a good time, and they REALLY loved having a duog around. They reallllly want a duog. 

Callum saved his 'ambeelance' for putting together with UJ, and UJ even wore a special shirt to impress the kids into thinking that, in his life, he actually HAS read a book (besides Ghosts and Myaunts #jokesonjokes). And Callum, not to be outdone, had to go adorn his Ninja Turtle 'picture shirt.' 



From what I hear, Uncle Jon was quite the lego-er in his youth....and it is easy to see when he gets in the ZONE while putting together stuff...Jon was reminding me very much how Gorge is: Extreme focus.


It was cool having Baxter over too....he's a good boy, but I think he's scared of me. Haha. Maira, true to form, had to get out......................you guessed it! Her puzzle!! It is funny--you know how you go over someone's house and they have their 'conversation pieces' they want to show you? Like a Civil War hat...or some Inuit jewelery...or their record collection? Well, for Maira, puzzles are her conversation piece. I love this girl! Oh, and that is the kids' Hotwheel mat in the kitchen...that is not a regular part of our decor....



Hey! Guess what!!?? They forecast 4 inches of snow on Saturday!! And guess what it did?? (cue downward sloping trombone noise). Weather people suck, and I feel no remorse about saying this.

But we went outside to play in the 'snow' a bit, and the kids and Kelsey took Baxter for a walk. Actually, Callum rode his bike (and fell off about 5 times). Amanda loves this picture, because she thinks she looks good with a duog. I think she does too! Especially with me. Get it?


1 comment:

Uncle Jon said...

Yay Kels and I made the blog!!!!!