Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter is over....

....and has been since New Year's day where I famously made the claim on Facebook that we would see no major snow for the rest of the winter. Since then, we have not. Nor will we. Every year it is the same crap--everyone south of us (Boston...NY...New Jersey...) all get hammered with snow. We got wicked cold temps but no precip, unless it is warm for a couple of days, in which case we get rain. And the weatherpeople up here continue to absolutely suck. Yes, I know they are only 'guessing,' but they have the most sophisticated  equipment money can buy.. They use SCIENCE. And they are never judged or held accountable. Yet teachers, who work with human minds and emotions and moods and have to be creative and THEORETICAL, 'without' the aid of science, are judged and held accountable all the time. Whatever. I say the same thing all the time. Sorry. 

But anyway, since winter is over, I decided to make some changes. This is what I looked like at about 6pm last night....



(this was all fluffed up and exaggerated so I could upset my mom....but then I realized she doesnt read this blog because this is goldsmith5.com and not candycrush.com....wah wah wah....)

and this is what I looked like at about 6:30.


People tell me I look A LOT different without the beard--like younger or something. But I figured that since winter is over, I dont need a beard. Except runs are really gonna be tough now! Part of why I grow this each year is to insulate my precious face (lol) from the cold wind that sweeps across our barren, dry, snow-less expanse of Kennebec Valley.

When Maira woke up this morning she looked at me as if she didnt know who I was (remember: I have been growing this thing since Sept 29). She said "Daddy, where did your beard go?" And I told her that I sent it in the mail to Jason (which I did). She told me that I look way better without the beard but "you definitely need something else now cuz you dont have a beard....so I'll go get you one of my headbands. Okay?" So, until I got in the car and took it off, I was wearing one of Maira's white flowered headbands with which she sent me to school

Happy spring everyone!!

No comments: