Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April Vacation 1

On April vacation this week, and having a great time with the kids! April vacation is almost a moot/obsolete vacation for me, and sometimes (even though I love the time off) I kind of wish we could just keep the momentum we had going #thatswhatshesaid and finish the year--I mean, when I get back, my seniors only have about four weeks remaining in the year, ya know? Oh well. Dont look a gift donkey in the butt, as the expression goes....

A pretty low-key vacation....the kids are anxious to get outside whenever possible even though we have really only had one decent day above fifty degrees. Today I rode my bike around a bit, and it was freezing; the wind whipped all over the place today. Crazy. I went to Agway today (on April 22 or whatever it is) and their greenhouse was JUST starting to come alive....no one is planting anything or working outside at all. In fact, yesterday was the first day (I wanted to document this) that we were COMPLETELY snow free at the Goldsmith house!! Nuts.

On Tuesday, we took the kids down to LL Bean so I could spend a fifty dollar gift card I had for the place...it was a red letter day in Callum's life because, for the first time ever, he didnt make us enter the store in a different entrance all in the name of ignoring the HUGE BOOT they have in front; the kid has been petrified of the boot all his life, and this year he, suddenly, totally loves it. We had our lunch at Gritty McDuff's in Freeport, and they make fantastic beer there--I got the 'Best Bitter' and it was lovely.

Maira continues to be a star working on her potty training, and is virtually done having any 'pee' accidents. We are still working on the poop part. In fact, the other day was the first time she went pee in public--she went in the men's room at Gritty's--surely this is cause for celebration...haha

Here are Amanda and the kids at Gritty's.....whenever we ARENT at Governor's Callum gets spaghetti and meatballs. Maira gets hot dogs everywhere she goes....


The Boot!!




so....like....he picks out his own clothes.....



notice the pigeon from the Mo Willem's books? PJs and rain boots you say? Well, keep in mind that both these pictures were taken before eight in the morning.....#whynot


No comments: