Friday, April 4, 2014

Texting




I dont text and drive. And I dont text. This is mostly because I dont have a cell phone...but mainly because no one would want to text me anyway

If I DID text, I definitely wouldnt text and drive. That is just stupid. I cannot even tell you how many people I see texting and driving in a given day; I would say at least half (if not more) of the drivers I see are looking down at their phones. What is so important?

I find it ruder than drinking and driving actually. At least a drunk person's senses are disabled; people who text while they drive are in the right and legal frame of mind (unaffected by drugs, anyway).

In Maine, it is illegal to text and drive. But how is a police officer supposed to enforce this? It is almost impossible-if pulled over and challenged, couldnt the person just say they spilled something on their pants and were wiping it off...or something like that? How can a cop actually see onto the driver's lap? Weird. I wonder if anyone--seriously--in the state of Maine has ever been charged and convicted of this.

I have a great idea to curb this problem. All the cell phones have cute little bluetooth devices, right? They should make a special red strobe light thing that goes off on both the INSIDE and OUTSIDE of cars whenever the driver is texting. Other people in the car (not driving) could text at will. But each driver's seat would be fitted with some type of weight bearing mechanism or something that would sense when the person in that seat was texting...and then the strobe lights would go off on both the inside and outside of the cars. This way, cops would see these idiots more. AND, perhaps most importantly, people like me (and other innocent people whose lives are so rudely put at risk) could stay away from these selfish individuals.

I dont see this violating any civil liberties because if you are obeying the law, then you are fine. No action should be prohibited simply because it doesnt make it easy for people to 'break' the law. Does this make sense?

Vote for me.

No comments: