Sunday, April 6, 2014

BREAKFAST WITH MAIRA AT THE FLATLANDA


So Saturday mornings are usually 'daddy dates' in some way, shape or form--either with JUST me with Callum or JUST me with Maira. This past Saturday was a date with JUST Maira and I....and usually all she ever wants to do is go to Dunkin Donuts, get a pink frosted/sprinkled donut, and lick the frosting off in under 20 seconds. But this time she wanted to go to the Flatlanda' because they have, according to her, the 'yummiest pancakes and bacon ever!' 

I love the time I get one on one with my kids--it is a rare treat. Here are some pics from our time....


While we waited for our food we read two books: Nurse Nancy and Max and Ruby: Max's Dragon Shirt.

I love this picture below....look at that snarky little smile....


Maira has some VERY particular eating habits--Amanda and I were just talking about this yesterday. For example, Maira has to have ALL of her food in some type of bowl or plate. She can NEVER just, say, take a handful of Goldfish crackers and be happy; she always needs them in a little bowl. Furthermore, she has never eaten anything with JUST her hands...she always needs a utensil like a fork or spoon...even if it is for something that the rest of the world views as a finger food. She detests getting her hands dirty. It is kind of funny...

Look at the size of the pancakes they give you! Also (and I just noticed this) it looks like  Maira has her ear pierced in this picture...she does not. Haha



And this one is for Jawn. (the decor at the Flatlanda is all vanity plates from all over the country)

No comments: