Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring?


Perhaps. 

This weekend (yesterday--Saturday--in particular) was the first evidence we have actually seen of anything even resembling spring weather. I think it was about 55 degrees yesterday, which is the warmest it has been since probably September. We did a lot of our usual 'spring stuff' like put winter stuff up in the garage attic...pick up remnants of stuff like twigs, etc...get down 'summer' toys...stuff like that. Yesterday was a sad day, too, because I finally put my snowmobile on rollers and wheeled it into the garage where, after I clean it, it will stay til next winter (which cant come fast enough!)

Callum and Maira were elated to 'eat lunch outside' on the picnic table....and they enjoyed soaking up some rays of sun. Maira is hilarious though--not only because she is, for some reason, photobombing this picture by showing off her belly, but also because even though it is warm she still insists on wearing her winter hat and mittens. Fun. Also, you can notice Annie in the background; the kids played with her most of the day as well....



I am really proud of Amanda for all the training she has been doing lately--running, strength, etc--to get ready for the 'Color Run' race is she doing at the end of the month. Yesterday Amanda and Beth ran a practice 5K to get ready for the 'big one' in a few weeks. I was jealous to not be able to run yesterday....but the tramadol made everything all better. At any rate, I cant wait to see Amanda and her gee-effs in Bangor cross that finish line all pastelly-powdery!!! Great job ladies!!


And, in my heavy state of depression, I spend a lot of time secluded from the world resplendent in a hooded sweatshirt while I bask in my reclining chair hiding from the realities of life. Callum, however, loves to climb all over me while I try to withdraw, depriving me of even THAT one simple pleasure. But he is a great cuddler.....and we had fun watching some Peter Rabbit (the REAL bbc one! fun!)




2 comments:

billybob said...

Great stuff; looks like......well...SPRING :)

Missster Gee said...

good to have you back billybob!! where you been????