Saturday, October 4, 2014

Welcome to the weekend....and this one sure will be a crazy one....Amanda will leave tomorrow to head down to Portland for the night with Beth, Hannah, and Emily....then, on Sunday morning, Callum, Maira, and I will leave at Oh-Dark-Thirty (probably by 7 at the latest) to head down to Portland to see Amanda and Beth and Alicia cross the finish line of their half marathon!!!!

Figures that we have been in full on drought conditions; it probably hasnt legit 'rained' for the month of September and thus far into October....but it will rain for their race. Oh well. They wont realize how much they are sweating.. And that is good.

Callum (and now Maira and Amanda too!) and I just love going to the Lawrence football games; we can walk (as I have written about before) and Callum usually rides his scooter down to the field at the high school. It is such a great community event--all high school football games are this way. I have so many great memories of going to high school football games (especially Thanksgiving day!) when I was younger....and, then, when I was in high school Friday night was always game night under the lights. Winslow doesnt have any lights at their stadium, so all their games are Saturday afternoon games. I find that to be weird! Lawrence plays all their games on Friday nights. One thing that is weird for me is that I teach at Winslow High (and thus BLEED orange and am very passionate about/invested in the school...it is part of who I am)  but live in Fairfield (where Lawrence is the school....and my kids will go to this school....and Callum is starting to forge relationships in this town). I am very conflicted...haha...I dont know for whom to root! Luckily, Winslow and Lawrence are, for now, in different divisions and do not play each other. It is a weird feeling that I suppose only a teacher who lives in a different town from that in which they teach could understand...

And dont even get me started on UNH/UMaine hockey!! Obviously we went to UNH...but now we live in Maine and we can watch the games on Saturday nights...and Callum loves the black bears...oh my stars what to do.......

This is the view while sitting on the porch of the house we had in North Conway...it was foggy out, but across the street you can see the slopes of Cranmore....





No comments: