Thursday, December 11, 2014

Can someone please tell me what the deal is with all of the sudden every mom with a camera and their name in a fancy font becoming 'photographers?' What are the prerequisites for this? Like I said, I think all you need is a solid group of pinetrest friends who think they have cute kids....then you need to put your name in a cute little font....and you need facebook too....and VOILA! You are now a photographer!! I feel badly for the old school studios like Olan Mills, JCPenny, and even Sears (and I have NEVER felt ANY POSITIVE FEELING for Sears). But for real, moms becoming 'photographers' is the pumpkin spice latte of jobs, ya know? Add this to candle consultants and pampered chef parties....Just because you know where there is a pretty tree does not mean you can take my family's pictures.

And while on the subject of moms/pictures/bragging, why not Make-Your-Own-Stamps?? I have, over the years, given tons of grief to the US Postal Service for not keeping up with the competition, and not doing anything to 'meet the consumer halfway,' so to speak (all they do is raise prices...they refuse to adapt to changing times). Make your own stamps would be a fantastic idea dude! All the vain moms who think there kids are cute can add pictures of their kids to real, legal, stamps...they can pay a premium price for this, but, nonetheless, the Postal Service can send the stamps to these people. Then, parents who think their kids are cute can put cards (containing pictures of kids!) in envelopes stamped with even MOOOOORE pictures (taken by a 'photographer') of these kids underneath a pretty tree! Everyone wins! Why the postal service has not done this yet is a tragedy....can you imagine how much mail would increase? I know I would have a blast putting pictures of Charles POnticelli  on my stamps....I would take pictures of toilets or dog crap or something to use on all my bills I send in to the cable company, phone, etc. This could be fun! Join me!

No comments: