Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Amanda and I continue to lead the opening of each Sunday's Sunday school; we set the tone for the day, do the Bible memory verse, sing a song, do the offering, get people's energies going (hopefully) and then send the kids on their way to go to their respective classes. Another feature of the Sunday school is the "activity," which is usually led by a different church member each week, and it can be a game or a craft or whatever. Below, our friend Seth does a "sin" activity with some of the little kids. Not the distinctive ways each one of our kids dresses: Maira is adorned in a party dress with her 'stockings,' while CS is kitted out head to toe in NinjaTurtle crap.....




Some more Thanksgiving week pictures...this one below was taken during the Monday before Thanksgiving when I arrived at grandpop's house to find Sally, Belle, Emma, CS, and Maira in the heat of a Scrabble tournament. I love Scrabble--does anyone else out there? Amanda and I played a bunch of times together at night over the last week. But she cheats. Bad. But I got to spell PUBES, so I have that going for me I guess.....oh yeah, isn't BaBa's civil war rifle pretty cool? If Shells, Jawn (RIP) or Tib ever looked at this blog, they would appreciate the Civil War Memorabilia, no doubt.....



TheShore came up to our neck of the woods on Tuesday night and we went out to Cancun for dinner. Usually we have to go to Craparitas, but this year we got out of that terrible, sucky place!! Cancun is always great, but my friend Jay seems to hate it there for some reason. I dont know why. He is one of those people who always complains about service at restaurants. Go figure. My favorite thing about this photo is how one of my favorite kid's books of all time--The Cat At Night, by Dahlov Ipcar is spread out on the table. I love that story, and I love how our kids bring books to restaurants.

Here's me and my mad crazy woman crush Michelle.....

On Wednesday before Thanksgiving (one of the best days of the year in my opinion) Callum and I got ready for the snowstorm and spent the morning making apple sauce. I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but here is a picture. We still have two more whole bushels of apples to peel, process, cook down, and can. Maybe tomorrow--if we have a snow day--like everyone seems to think we will. I dont think we will though. I try not to think about anything.


1 comment:

Shells said...

Jerry is hot