Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hey guys, hey

Had a great long Thanksgiving weekend....here is the recap (so I can look back in years to come and realize how golden our lifessss issssss)

A gorgeous snowstorm that started Wed night and continued into Thanksgiving morning. Amanda and I got a rare run together on Wednesday afternoon during the snow...too bad I had to ruin it....

Thanksgiving morning was met with about an hour and a half of snowblowing and shoveling and cleaning up after the storm.....then we headed out to BaBa's for the holiday with TheShore, Lin and Gorge, and Jon and Kelsey. I got to spend a lot of quality time with Diesel, my third favorite duog. He is a puppie Newfoundland....

No LL Bean trip on Thaksgiving night this year! A rarity!! But Sally, Lin, the kids, and TheShore went down on Friday night to see the light show. I worked on the snowmobile a little bit on Friday, and I took a nice little ride on my own to check out the trails and fields near our house....then on Friday night I met everyone back at BaBa's for turkey sandwiches

On Saturday I played SnowmobileTourGuide. First, I took Callum out for a nice, long snowmobile ride...I really love how much HE loves snowmobiling....he told me today it was one of his favorite things ever. I wanted to take him home, but he kept telling me he didnt want to go home, and he wanted to keep riding and exploring. A great bonding time! Although, with the sound of the machine (coupled with our heavy helmets) we cant really talk that much! After I took him back, Beth, Hannah, and Emily came over to play in the snow....but then we all took a walk down the trail behind the Marcoux's and I took the girls, Callum, and then Beth for little spins on the XTC. Beth, in particular, got the 'full body experience' of the sled.....#crickets #....

But seriously though, my favorite thing to do with the snowmobile (and the thing that makes the investment totally worth it) is sharing the joy with other folks....taking friends and kids out in the snow is one of my favorite things to do!

One more thing: This morning, on the way to church, the roads were so bad that we went off the road three times; The streets were nothing but ICE. We had to turn around, as we couldnt even make it up the slightest hill and we couldnt get any traction. One of our 'situations' involved us doing THREE 180s on the road and crashing into a snowbank. Everyone was okay and the car is fine. Scary and bizarre (like falling off a snowmobile must be). Callum had the line of the day: "Daddy...I know that it isnt good for the car, and Maira could get hurt....but could we PLEASE do that again?? It was better than the rides at Santa's Village."

Sure is, son. Sure is.


This is Cupcake. Our new kitty. More about her next time. But I wanted to formally introduce her to the world. The latest Goldsmith....



Christmas books are back!!!! BookSelfies!!!!


Hey.




No comments: