Tuesday, November 18, 2014


We had a nice visit down to Mass this past weekend for Annabella's first birthday party--Kris and Anthony had it at the clubhouse...it was a #clubhouseStyleAffair, of which my mom is famous. I was laughing because I realize, in retrospect, that I didnt take that many photos; I was so busy with the kids and with catching up with family that I never get to see. For example, I got to catch up with my Aunt Patty and I got to see my Uncle Allan (my dad's brother) and Aunt Ellie....I dont think I had seen them since last year, and, before that, I dont think I had seen them for probably TEN years...

We drove down Saturday morning and got to the party early before people got there. Callum and Jackson got right to work, picking up where they always leave off, being poster-children for 'boys,' as all they want to do is play football, wrestle, do ninja stuff, and run around annoying Nannie....

On Saturday night after the party, Bob, Amanda, and I got to have CapeCodCafe pizza and watch the Florida State game (Bob and I reminisced about great football quarterbacks and Patriots players, etc) while my mom hid in her room and played Bee-Jewed on her iPad...llz

On Sunday morning we got in a nice visit with my dad and Babs, and we met them at their house to see the kitties, etc....then we made our way to Mel's Diner (a classic place in Raynham). Callum--and Maira too--both got to ride in luxury in their Papa's new Cadillac....blingbling....AAAANNNND they got to listen to Christmas music in the Caddy.....I wonder if the '15 Cadillac has as many amenities as our 89 Volvo (??)

Below, Callym and Jaqueson take turns pretending to be Tom Brady (J) and Julian Edelman (C) int the parking lot of the clubhouse....




My mom was good enough to put Amanda in charge of a craft (haha) for the kids to do in between lunch and cake....all the kids got to make this cute snowman art project thing....as you can see, there were lots of kids there....


And no CSA is complete without a 'candy bar.' My mom's affairs are famous for these, and Kristin followed suit. There were tons and tons of candies there, and kids (and adults alike) could make up a 'box' of jelly beans, mints, gummies, and more to take with them. Below, Maira and my Aunt Ellie peruse the confections....

oops....back for another round...


Mel's Diner on Sunday morning. Papa got their famous hash in an omelet, and I got linguica omelet (you cannot find linguica anywhere up in Maine...I swear!! haha...so I enjoy it when I can...)


And a cute picture of Maira and Grammy Goldsmith....


No comments: