Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014 from the Goldsmiths!! A wonderful Christmas, as all Christmases are wonderful. I couldnt possibly go into every detail, and I will let the pictures do the talking....this is part 1 of Christmas....I will do a couple more blogs, as our Christmas entailed Christmas eve celebrations, Christmas day celebrations, and day-after-Christmas-Massachusetts-Christmas!

On Christmas Eve we hung out and cooked and snacked and did last minute running around. I did a ChristmasEveSwim before all the craziness started, and then I worked on my fish chowder and my EnglishChristmasSausage (a new recipe this year!) in preparation for Christmas morning breakfast. Jon and Kelsey came over to visit on Christmas Eve, and then after they left we went to church for Lessons and Carols. I performed a solo for "From Heaven Above to Earth I come" that the congregation alternated with "O Come all ye Faithful." Christmas day was grossly hot and rainy and the weather just sucked. But we made very merry with a great time opening gifts and eating a wonderful beef tenderloin made by grampy. The rain stopped and the sun came out and Maira and I even went for a Christmas day bike ride since it was so warm. She got a new bell for her bike and wanted to try it out...haha. Now for the pictures. I am sure Amanda took great pics too, but she has never uploaded them to the computer for my usage on the blog...she must have a batrillion pics on her phone...

Christmas Eve fun....opening up some legos, dolls, and more before church!


I love this pic...Callum was the first one to make his way downstairs...he is 'sizing up' the gift situation...haha...slippers, robe, hilarious!


the chaos begins....haha...

The kids got several games and puzzles (Jenga, Headbandz, HelloKittyScrabble, and Twister--to name a few....below, the kids get into Twister!


The kids finished the gifts from us (and Santa!) and then Lin and Gorge came up from the downstairs den and the chaos began again...haha! Maira was getting basically drowned by presents....


Callum got a ton of legos--UncleJon and Aunt Kelsey got him a 2K piece tub of 'freeform' legos, and we got him a few sets (the big one, in particular, was an 'Arctic Substation' with dogsleds, oil drillers, snowmobiles, research stations, etc). Callum was as focused as could be, at the table, putting stuff together...

And the end of a long, tiring, merry day.....


No comments: