Friday, December 12, 2014


So hear we are in (almost) mid December--a really really crappy stretch of weather lately. As usual, the weathermen got the forecast completely wrong, and we got no snow whatsoever--all yucky rain, making all the snow we DID have turn to something that looks like left-outside-too-long newspaper. The funny thing too is that the temperature has virtually been STAGNANT for about four days--34-36 degrees....and that is it....day, night, it doesnt matter. Awful forecast. Awful weather. Bring on the snow dammit! However, we did have our first snow day last week, and, although Sally went to work, the kids and I had a good (but freakin' exhausting) day playing Thomas trains, building Legos, and just generally making a good old mess....



I dont know about Cupcake, man. She is a delightful little lady...but she is, nevertheless, a KITTEN...with a TON of energy and playfulness. If she is not sleeping, she is usually ruining something material OR fighting with Lupine. Lupine HAAAAAAATES this damn cat. It is so sad. There is ubiquitous growling and hissing--all from Lupine....poor Cupcake just wants to play. But Maira is in love, so there's that.....


Oh hey. Just me at school. This was taken in my classroom on break during blocks 1 and 2....kids get a 15 minute break to get breakfast, walk around, or whatever. It is always a good time to catch up with kids, hang out, etc. I think I have mentioned this before, but I like to put all the kid book dustcovers on my wall, so I can decorate. .Have I mentioned this? Idk. Only one more week of school til Christmas break....this year has been flying by, and that is great. A tough year (they are all tough years) with the curriculum, planning for and teaching six COMPLETELY different classes. Nothing is the same, which makes this exciting, but also a ton of work. Good, creative work though. I like it.



Trying to beef up my Christmas record collection, and I found these two gems from my childhood. Two of my mom's favorites--Brenda Lee Christmas and Kenny Roger Christmas album. Why, even tonight, as Nannie and Upbob are up for Maira's birthday party tomorrow, we got to listen to them and take a trip down memory lane....fun...


No comments: