Friday, April 24, 2015


Had a great visit with my parents last weekend to kick off my April vacation. I am sorry in advance that Nannie and Upbob dont appear in these...I think Amanda took all those with her camera, and I only uploaded the ones from mine :/

We made our way down on Saturday morning and went back Sunday afternoon. We got to my mom's at around lunch time and had hot dogs--Maira's favorite. We hung around and Maira put on a "show" outside since it was a nice day--a circus and a clown show, and then a dog show. So yeah. Then Callum got sick. In fact, both kids eventually were sick, and Maira hasnt FULLY recovered yet---almost a week later. So Callum slept on the couch while Mom, Amanda, and Maira went out to shop at Kohl's or someplace like that

On Sunday Callum was feeling terrible, but we got up and went over to Papa's and he seemed to warm up a little bit. We got in a nice visit with Papa and Grammie, and it was nice enough that Maira wanted to use some of the new bubbles and chalk Papa got her!





Callum was commissioned, as he often is, to draw the PIGEON from MO WILLEMS' story "Dont Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus." Maira tried to draw it as well. Papa was happy to look on and enjoy his little artists....

And of course the hilight of any Mass trip (for me anyway) is Honey Dew!! Papa and Grammie had TWO DOZEN donuts waiting (I just had half of one, and I have to say: a five day old Honey Dew donut is WAYYYY better than a fresh one at DunkinDonuts!). Plus, their coffee is my favorite. Amazing stuff...


We made our way out to Texas Road House for lunch. Oh, this was after Callum asked Papa, point blank, if we could buy him something at the toy store near Hilliards in Easton. The kid has no shame. Callum picked out a digger of some type, and Maira picked out a stuffed "lellow yab" (yellow lab).
Callum was still not feelin great though...he ate NOTHING at lunch...not even a mighty burger!


Trying to reevaluate what this blog should BE. I dont want to stop the blog, as I want to look back at stuff. I want to keep in to spite Facebook. Should this be a daily roundup (so to speak) of what we do? But that isnt that inspiring to write...hmm...Or should each entry be "themed" or something, and have a definite purpose? Or does it even matter? I will think about these things, alone, now, in my basement, while I watch women's beach volleyball, in the dark, with the lights turned down.

any suggestions? (about the blog, not how I shoudl watch volleyball...haha)

No comments: