Saturday, November 22, 2008

It is starting to get crazy....

The holiday season is upon us for sure! Amanda's family (the New Jerseyans) all arrived today for their annual Thanksgiving trip (they stay through next Saturday), and tonight we met for "dinner" at Craparitas. Most know my sentiments regarding Craparits, so I wont say any more. But it was great to see everyone again, and Callum was SO GOOD even though we put off his normal bedtime by almost three hours. So we'll see the "zoo" for the next few days, and then, on Wednesday, we head down to CT for our annual trip....

Also today, I went to a "rivalry weekend" tailgate party at colleague Jeff Wickman's house. For more on this, including a few pictures, click on "Thurston's Blog" link on this page. It was FREEZING out--the way tailgates should be. All the food was amazing; I tried something new with my pulled pork (thats what HE said), and Thurston's Bourbon-pepper venison steak was truly out of this world. I'm serious: The more I eat venison, the more I start to prefer it to even beef....if only I had the guts to shoot a deer!

Another link on which you should click is "The Favry's Blog." They posted a new "holiday video" starring the Goldsmiths and the Favry's.

I am foregoing a long blog, and instead just letting Thurston and my sister to my work for me...haha.

Finally, we put together the new chair we got from Papa Goldsmith; he told both my sister and I, several years ago, that he wanted us both to have a "good rocking chair" in our house. Kristen opted for the "St Anselm's College" alumni rocking chair, and we made good on his deal by getting a "Boston Rocker" at Fortin's. We put it in Callum's room for now...but I have a feeling it will end up in our bedroom soon! Its great, and Callum seems to love it. Its a great reading chair, and this morning, we read "The Curse of Skull Island," which Callum loved because of its pop-up attributes.
And, of course, he loves sitting with his mommy. He is going through a HUGE mommy phase right now. But I'm not jealous.....
haha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um dad said rocker not glider, I hear he is making you return it. Sorry

Anonymous said...

That sounds like sort of a scary book for you and Callum. Especially you.

Anonymous said...

HEY JARED,
WHAT IS BLACK PEEPER, AND WHERE DO YOU BUY IT.........MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!! lol