Thursday, November 6, 2008

Politics are over......

So let's get back to what's really important.

I havent written a "regular family update" for a few days, so I thought I would. Tonight, George came up to our house after work to meet Lynne, Amanda, me, and Callum for dinner. We got Asian Cafe--our favorite. I had Daniel Pengthong's boys when they were at Winslow about three years ago. Great kids. Now, every time we go, Daniel gives Amanda and I free stuff. Tonight we got food delivered, and, as usual, he threw in some perks: two "Thai Iced Teas," and the "Thai scramble with chili sauce" that I love so much. Ask Timmy, John, and Jay---they loved it too. While waiting for George, Amanda, Callum, and mommy relaxed on the couch and watched MASH. Actually, Callum looks like he is trying to decide what he wants for dinner off the Asian Cafe menu....
Last weekend, after the Favry's left, we took a ride up to Madison to hit up Reny's...my ABSOLUTE favorite store! For all you Mass people, its like a Benny's or a Building 19 kind of thing--except its all "Maine" stuff. They sell Woolrich clothes, Carhartts, lots of hats and gloves, housewares, etc. And its all pretty cheap. I like their whole "business model," since, for the most part, the stores are all in small-town "downtowns" like Camden, Belfast, Gardiner, Farmington, and Madison. We got a big stock pot to put on top of the wood stove (for humidifying the house). And Amanda bought me a Carhartt hat. Thanks Sally Piles!!!! On the way up, we stopped at the Lachapelle's for a visit. Dave and Jen's son Izaak, who is in a rock band, was rehearsing in the basement....but the lound sounds didnt seem to phase Callum at all; he loves music! For any of you WHS students/alumni reading this blog, Dave is sitting with Callum in the infamous "correcting chair." Just think: your junior year term paper or TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD essays were probably graded in this VERY chair! Anthony and I had a great time on Saturday with Dave, paddling a 7 mile section of the Kennebec from Madison to Norridgewock. It was cold and windy, but it was awesome!

This is our new favorite picture. Callum is wearing the hat Mike and Mira-Su Thurston got him for his "Baek Il" (the Korean celebration of being 100 days old), and he's wearing the sweater (and corduroy shoes) that Sarah and Tim Straz got him. He looks so cute in his little puppy sweater! Love it. I have written him another little "song" to go along with the others I sing to him around bath time--This one is called "Turkey in my ears," and its a celebration of Thanksgiving. This is added to the list of other golden hits like "Let's all sing the Callum song," "Who is gonna get a bath?" and "The Moose is Loose!!" Maybe I'll put them on a CD for him. He loves the hell out of the songs though....I can tell you that! Also, he rolls over from his stomach to his back just about every night--and he wakes himself up. And, finally, I think he had his first "night terror" last night, as he just started spontaneously SCREAMING at about 1:30.
A nice long weekend to look forward to--I have Monday and Tuesday off. I look forward to: paddling with Amanda on the Kennebec, spending the WHOLE DAY with Callum on Monday...just me and him, having a huge burn pile with Eric, drinking coffee in front of the wood stove while mommy and Callum sleep, watching Netflix, sleeping.
Talk to you soon....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

mangoes and sticky rice all day, kiid. when are we going to visit Golf at school?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne! :)

Anonymous said...

Here's a question Jared:
Do you not watch QVC anymore?

Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

absolutely i watch the "Q"

We're actually thinking of getting a "gourmet holiday" appetizer platter (or two or three) for the Christmas season

And Dennis Basso has gained even MORE weight. And he has new phrases

"come on fashion girls!"

HOWEVER: I will never buy anything from them again. I think LL Bean has taken over their quality control....

Anonymous said...

Hi Callum, you are so cute! Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Goldsmith's!

Love that picture of Callum in his sweater and hat. He is just adorable!

Can't wait to see you guys in just 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys either! Hopefully the weather gets a little colder before then... today it's almost 60 degrees. Not right for November!

Anonymous said...

yeah if its cold (but not too cold) I owe Stevie Cee a canoe trip....

Except I will not drink Amstel in an Old Town Canoe. Its disrespectful

Ha ha

Michelle Garner said...

Love your pictures of Callum, guys! He is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Callum, How come mommy and daddy don't look at Auntie's blog anymore. Don't they show you pictures?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Callum will carry on the tradition of great Chinese food lovers. Can't wait to get him to Mau's. He is so cute in that hat.

Anonymous said...

I hope it gets cold too before we get there! We're hoping for some snow!