Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bangor Children's Museum Part I

No blog in a while I realize.....for some reason, our computer doesnt like the photos we try to load from our new camera. Oh well. Even these five took about a half hour to load.

Amanda should be writing this blog, because she was there. But she is at Hannaford, buying me a treat. And milk.

Last Thursday, Amanda, Sasha, Amy, Heidi, and all the kids went to the Bangor Children's Museum for a day of fun. I love Bangor, and it is definitely my favorite "city" in Maine. I just really hate Portland and just about everything there. It is a boring ride, it is in the 'fake Maine,' and its really foofy there. Bangor is where it is at. Also, there is Dysart's.

Callum had a blast.....actually, that is an understatement. I can't wait to go too!

Here he is driving a tractor trailer from the Cole's Transportation Museum--this must be on "loan."

And then he got to drive a "Big BOATTTT!!!" as he put it. I admire the focused look on his face. He knows what he is doing. Maybe he will sit astern in the Old Town this summer??
Pickin' up chicks in his vintage 'Vespa' scooter....he's so cool that he drives it with no hands while Mia sits behind him!
Amanda said the hilight of his day (well, there were two) was the 'Italian restaurant' they had. Callum, Mia, and Maya were hard at work preparing 'lunch' for their parents. Callum really loves to cook, and most nights he drags his pig stool from Nannie over to the counter to see what I am up to. He likes to stir. .And every night in the bath he "cooks the water," as he says. The REAL hilight of the day, according to Amanda (and everyone else who went) was the room with all the musical instruments! I guess that when he walked into this room, his face just LIT UP with excitement. I think this kid is going to be VERY musical. There are no pictures of this because the camera battery had died at this point....


A lady at the museum was talking to the kids about Kimono Dragons (lizards) or something like that. I love this picture because, well, look at Callum and how attentive he is being. Look at all the kids, for that matter! I love the passion little kids have for learning about the world around them....I love how they want to 'soak up' all this knowledge....

1 comment:

MeeMee said...

Nice blog, Jared. Callum is such a joy to be with. He is so interested in things now and how they work and why. It's fun to have a conversation with him, he is so ernest and passionate about what he is talking about. A little man! I just find it so hard to believe that he is growing up so much. I love spending time with him. It looks like he is having so much fun at the museum - the pictures are cute. He loves museums, doesn't he?