Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Baptism of Maira Elizabeth Goldsmith



My computer is giving me a hard time. I will have to post more pictures later.

On Sunday, January 30, Maira was baptized in the Holy Spirit at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. Brad and Sasha Fitzpatrick bestowed upon us the honor of being her godparents. In our church, baptisms are always part of the whole divine service--they arent done on-their-own on Saturdays and such like the Catholic Church sometimes does it. Everything is fully integrated into the service so Maira can be "reintroduced" to the parish after she "dies to sin" through baptism.

Immediately upon receiving the water, a up-until-then placid Maira became incensed with frustration. This led to crying, which continued throughout the pictures, throughout the car ride home, and throughout the first 15 minutes of getting out of her car seat. Very upset.

Here, Pastor Nielsen introduces her to the parish as a child of God.

And then he gives her back to me so I can bring her back to sit with us (I thought keeping her might be part of the deal, but oh well....haha)
This photograph is hilarious. Amanda looks like she is off on her own, and that the picture is really just supposed to be Pastor, Callum, Maira, and me. What is wrong Amanda??
A nice picture of the parents and godparents, Brad and Sasha.

More to come soon....

No comments: