Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow day #4

Kind of surprised we had this one. We got about 5 inches of snow. And it was WET. And HEAVY. It sucked. We were supposed to get a bunch of icing and sleet, but--and this might come as a surprise--the weatheridiots screwed up again. Off with their heads, I say.

But a good day at home with the family, and an "extended" vacation on this, one of the busiest weeks of the year for me--winter carnival concluded with the Sadie Hawkins dance my advisee class is putting on come Friday.

Callum--pardon the cliche--really REALLY loves music. He is always playing his trumpet or guitar along with the music we have on. And, this time, he decided to craft his own drum set. His pig stool is his seat, and he has an upside down chair, a set of bongos, and a pot. Cool Three distinct sounds and textures. Kid's got creativity.

And he loves helping to cook dinner each night. He made some "alphabet soup," where he took all the magnetic letters off the fridge, and then 'sauteed' them in a saucepan. Here, they are ready for you!

And here's a haunting picture of Maira, blowing her famous spit bubbles. I can see a lot of Lynne in this picture actually. And I can see some of my sister too. What do you think? One thing I do know: She has very pretty eyes....
Papa, this is what Callum was building this morning when he was 'talking' to you. A "house" with a HUUUUUUUUUGE (his words) CHIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNEY!!!!! There is a chicken on the roof, along with Muriel (again, his words) and Dave (who is riding his 'bike.').
March sucks, and tomorrow I will explore why.

2 comments:

ORTIZ said...

GREAT HOUSE CALLUM, AND YOUR SOUP LOOKS DELISIOUS. mAIRA IS SO CUTE,I THINK SHE HAS GOLDSMITH LIPS, POOR KID. BETTER TO SUCK SPARERIB BONES WITH.

Mee Mee said...

Do you really think Maira really looks a little bit like me?? Maybe you'd better look again. NOBODY EVER looks like me. Not even my kids do.